Who do you take along in PSIV?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 11, '07, 1:32 am

Kaloes wrote:You try taking on Lashiec without Barrier Deban and a few good healing techs >_<

Wow, Kaloes, that would be difficult. It would probably be impossible in any of my patches!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Re: Who do you take along in PSIV?

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 12, '07, 8:37 pm

*brr* I shudder to think of it! He was hard enough before... that sounds really challenging.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Celeith » Fri Jul 13, '07, 10:43 pm

yea he was extremely hard, did alot of lvl building for that. Woulda been easier if i woulda know that the Psyco Wand neutralized all kinda magic ups instead of just Zio's barrier. Gah when he did that power up I thought i was done for.. Thank goodness I had tons of dimates and a few trimates. I like the challenge and probably will try it on one of your patches Komrade just as soon as i can figure out how to patch the blasted thing.. I was messing with your character hex properties on my rom with my editor and now I'm goin through a game without Chaz lol. Alys avenged her own death it was fun... So far the game hasn't froze or crashed that i know of without chaz plus its fun not having your main physical attacker in the group anymore, gives me a bit more challenge to the game now..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Divine Dragon » Sun Jul 15, '07, 9:35 am

For me, it is the good ol' comedic Dezolisian, Raja~! Yaaay *apllause*

Decent TP, knows the Sar moves, Miracle, Atarazia and his St. Fire.

I simply love his green skin as well. :hmm: I wish I had green skin...

The Komrade wrote:
Kaloes wrote:You try taking on Lashiec without Barrier Deban and a few good healing techs >_<

Wow, Kaloes, that would be difficult. It would probably be impossible in any of my patches!

Sheesh, don't I know it... o.o There is no way I could have possibly survived.. without power training.. obviously..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jul 16, '07, 12:29 am

Got to love the native Dezorian! If we ever get another title in this series, I demand more Motavian and Dezorian player characters!! :up:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Jul 16, '07, 7:47 am

The Komrade wrote:Got to love the native Dezorian! If we ever get another title in this series, I demand more Motavian and Dezorian player characters!! :up:
Too right. :hyper: I wonder what Motavian magics there are... With Grandfather Dorin and all.. And we know all Dezorians aren't Priests xD So they'd need new skills stuff.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Neithird » Mon Jul 16, '07, 4:31 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see some more exploration of their cultures. And the musk cats, too. I bet they have developed some new magic and skills since Myau.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Jul 16, '07, 4:37 pm

Neithird wrote:Yeah, I'd like to see some more exploration of their cultures. And the musk cats, too. I bet they have developed some new magic and skills since Myau.
Exactly! I had forgotten about them! We could get some more Numans as well~ :hmm:
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 14, '07, 9:11 pm

Awwe, as if you had to ask! Gryz! He packs that extra muscle that you need for those tough to reach spots in PD. ; ]
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 14, '07, 9:18 pm

Heikabuchi wrote:Awwe, as if you had to ask! Gryz! He packs that extra muscle that you need for those tough to reach spots in PD. ; ]
I've heard that it's pretty hard with Gryz. Heck, I've read guides saying to have Gryz recover the party members in that battle rather than attacking (which I thought was kinda weird and defeats the purpose of having him along).

I've never attempted it, so I'm wondering what you'd rate it on a scale from 1 to 10 when it comes down to how difficult it really is to take him with you for the final battle.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV