Which would you choose?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 14, '07, 6:59 pm

New Question:

If you could only choose one:

Which would you choose..........Being President of your country or being a member of a Rock Music Band or group?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Fri Sep 14, '07, 7:18 pm

I'd pick the latter. :yes: If I knew how to play any instruments, (I can only play very simple tunes on piano :lol:) a band could be fun.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 14, '07, 11:49 pm

Definitely the band. Neither life is exactly "easy," but being in the band would be a lot more fun. Being President would be very stressful.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atolm » Sat Sep 15, '07, 12:45 am

1. The Wii... well I own one so scratch that. Not interested in the ps3 at the moment. The 360.. well most games for that will be on the comp eventually.
Hey Komrade if you are interested in Oblivion, get it on the PC. It is my preference and hey, lots and lots of neat mods, some actually make the game much more better!

2. Eh I prefer McDonald's. The fries are pretty darn good and no real complaints on the one I go to.

3. Honestly? Neither.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Sep 15, '07, 12:57 am

I too, would not choose either. I don't have the time to devote to learning to play an instrument, and I can't sing, so the band is out! And I wouldn't be president because no one would elect me in today's politics since I actually say what I mean, and I can morally justify it! :)
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 17, '07, 8:03 pm

The Komrade wrote:And I wouldn't be president because no one would elect me in today's politics since I actually say what I mean, and I can morally justify it! :)

Komrade, it sounds to me as if you might be a very interesting candidate for political office, and one that the public might find very refreshing for a change. :)

I suppose I would choose the Rock Band also. I enjoy politics, but I really love music more! :whistle:

New Question:

If you could choose only one,

Which would you choose.......Television or Radio?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 17, '07, 9:11 pm

Well, I guess you mean watching/listening to one of them. I'd go with television. Radio is pretty much nothing but commercials or music now, and that gets old after a while. Especially when each day's music is just an exact repeat of the day before.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Sep 17, '07, 11:50 pm

Secret_Surfer wrote:Komrade, it sounds to me as if you might be a very interesting candidate for political office, and one that the public might find very refreshing for a change. :)
Just wait until my book gets published, I'm sure I'll be called a "polarizing figure" and many other worse terms, unfortunately.

As for TV vs. Radio, I'd go with TV as it presents both sight and sound sensations, and thus has the opportunity to present a wider scope than radio.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 19, '07, 7:29 pm

I suppose I would choose Television also. They are both good, but with television you get the added advantage of sight plus sound (with music or whatever the subject may be). Hearing is great, but seeing and hearing is much better.

New Question:

If you could choose only one,

Which would you choose......"Star Trek" Or "Star Wars"?

Note: This includes all the various movies, tv shows, and other related memoribiliea, etc.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 19, '07, 10:20 pm

Trek. There's more TV episodes, movies, and so forth. Trek covers a wider range of material, so it has a little something for everyone and, for the most part, is a much more upbeat story. Star Wars is, at times, very depressing because a large part of it is the story of a man's fall from grace through selfishness.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation