Which would you choose?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 19, '07, 6:40 pm

Ooops, I forgot to answer the last two questions, so here goes:

I would take the car instead of the motorcycle.

I would take the new home instead of the trip anywhere.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 19, '07, 6:42 pm

New Question: If you were stranded on a desert Island with enough food, water, supplies, books, and other items to last one person a lifetime, and you could only choose one,

Which would you choose.....To be there alone or to have other people there with you?
Silver_Surfer1

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 20, '07, 12:03 am

Gaa! Many questions! :D

First, I go with money. Love can add a tremendous value to life, and is the supreme value to be gained, but all love starts with ego; love merely compounds one's own value. I'd be fine going it alone all through life if the right woman doesn't come along. Besides, money means I'm doing what I love; producing creative work!

Hamburgers or Hot Dogs.... neither! The fat content in both is too high for my diet. I hate eating things that make me feel like I swallowed a brick. :sneeze:

Next, a new car. I have no desire to get bugs in my teeth! :misspeak:

I'd also definitely go with the house. I like writing too much to take vacations from it!

On a desert island... that depends. If it were people of my choosing; I'd definitely have them with me. A division of labor society raises the survival of all its' participants, even if the only jobs are coconut gatherer, fisherman, and architect of huts! I took ROTC... I know the rescue rate is nearly zero, so I'd probably want to start up a society there. But if I didn't get to choose the people, I'd go it alone. People with the wrong mindset would make everyone's life unsurvivable!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atolm » Mon Aug 20, '07, 3:13 am

If I can choose who will go with me, I rather have the company.

If it is with people I know I will butt heads with constantly, than I will enjoy my days of being a hermit. Some folk are just horribly close-minded sometimes to enjoy their company.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 20, '07, 7:58 pm

I really don't know how to answer this one. I enjoy the company of other people, but sometimes I also enjoy just being alone, without all the pressures, headaches, heartaches, etc. I would definitely take my cat with me, though, if I had the option. :cat:
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 20, '07, 9:45 pm

Well, it depends. If you only have enough supplies for one person for a lifetime, would that mean that bringing in another person cuts the time your supplies last in half - half a lifetime, instead of a whole lifetime? :twisted:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 20, '07, 10:50 pm

Thoul wrote:Well, it depends. If you only have enough supplies for one person for a lifetime, would that mean that bringing in another person cuts the time your supplies last in half - half a lifetime, instead of a whole lifetime? :twisted:
Yes that's true. I wouldn't want to end up staging my own version of Alive. Gaaaaa!!!!! :sneeze: (where's the nausea smiley?)
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 21, '07, 3:31 am

Thoul wrote:Well, it depends. If you only have enough supplies for one person for a lifetime, would that mean that bringing in another person cuts the time your supplies last in half - half a lifetime, instead of a whole lifetime? :twisted:

Ah, very good thinking, Thoul! I was wondering if anyone would come up with that question or idea. :idea:

I suppose it could go either way, but that poses another intrigueing question for anyone that may be thinking along those same lines - if having more people there with you on the Island DID cut your supplies in half (or lessen them more depending on the number of extra people there), would you then choose to have someone there with you, or choose to be there alone????

:hmm:
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 21, '07, 10:38 pm

If it doesn't cut the supplies, then sure, I would bring someone along. Even if it is someone I don't get along with very well, some company would be nice.

But if it does cut the supplies... well, in that case I'll go it alone.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 22, '07, 12:41 am

With limited supplies, I'd definitely go it alone for simply increasing my survivability time.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation