Which would you choose?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Atolm » Wed Aug 22, '07, 2:23 am

I shall enjoy the rest of my days as a hermit.

*nods sagely*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 22, '07, 11:20 pm

:hmm: Very interesting responses to the question above! :yes:

New Question: If you could only choose one,

Which would you choose......good health or winning the lottery (aka more money)?
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Aug 23, '07, 12:31 am

I'd definitely take good health. If I won the lottery, I'd still keep working! You can't do anything about certain chronic health conditions, but you can change your financial status with effort.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Aug 23, '07, 5:15 pm

:? Hrm... it says good health, but doesn't specify as to how long the good health lasts for...

I pick the money.. But not just because I would spend it.. I would also use it to support my family, and even put some away for the future generations. :D Reminds me of something, that in a few decades or so, there'll be a whole generation of Lottery Aristocracy, if they used it wisely.

Plus, with money like that, it's not like illness will come any quicker.. or be anymore deadly than if you didn't have it.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Atolm » Thu Aug 23, '07, 7:28 pm

Good health.

The money I would like too, but money I can earn.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 23, '07, 10:28 pm

That's a difficult choice. It's true that you can earn money, but you can also buy plenty of medical care if you win the lottery. I suppose it would depend, for me, on what kind of health issues I might get if I took the money.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 27, '07, 5:38 am

Hard choice, but I guess I would take - good health! Money won't do you any good if you are dead! :blank:

New Question: If you could only choose one,

Which would you choose........To write a book or To act in a movie?
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Mon Aug 27, '07, 9:46 pm

I'm too shy for acting. :oops: I'd rather go with writing a book, though my writing skills could use work.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Aug 28, '07, 12:20 am

Secret_Surfer wrote:Which would you choose........To write a book or To act in a movie?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Since I'm making my living doing the first, I'll go with that one!!! Anyway, I've been in a couple of movies as an extra back when I thought I wanted to be an actor. So I'm both of the options...

If I wasn't an actor or an author, I'd still choose an author, because I am entirely in control of the material; I choose whether to take the suggestions by my editor or not, and find another publisher, whereas an actor only portrays material written by others, and they have to deal with enacting what a director wants on top of that. For creative freedom, definitely writing a book is the way to go, especially with the horrid state the film industry is in.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 29, '07, 4:09 am

I think I'd rather write a book. I've written part of one, so I have some experience with that. Being on stage is something that has never been comfortable for me, so I doubt I would enjoy being an actor.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation