Which race should be reused?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Which race should be reused?

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 25, '08, 9:56 pm

In PSOnline and Universe, Sega brought back the Numans for use in the new game settings. If they wanted to use one of the other non-human races from the classic series in another new spinoff Phantasy Star, which race would you most like to see return? The Motavians, Dezorians, Musk Cats, or another?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Feb 25, '08, 10:57 pm

I think it would be really awesome to see the musk cats brought back again, having lived through it all. Most likely, IMO, they would bring in Motavians. Those bird creatures would be a fun twist on how you fought.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Tue Feb 26, '08, 10:36 am

I'd like to see Motavians used. They didn't have much of a role throughout the original series, as in PSI they were simply enemies, PSII they had a strange love of trash, and it was only in PSIV when they have their own towns (though Molcum was destroyed). I've always thought they were interesting, really, and I would love to see how they'd play out. Considering from what we can base off Gryz, one could assume that they're powerful with weak techs.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Feb 26, '08, 3:23 pm

Motavians. For pretty much the same reasons Tsunami mentioned.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Dorrinal » Tue Feb 26, '08, 6:23 pm

Motavians rock.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Mar 3, '08, 6:34 am

I'd have to say Dezorians for reasons unknown... maybe it's because Raja was one of my fave characters... hmm...
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Classic Series