Who is Your Favorite Boss Enemy that Uses PS Weapons?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Favorite Boss Using PC Weapons?

Tajima
No votes
Dr. Mad
No votes
The Shadow
No votes
Lassic/La Shiec
20%
Neifirst
20%
Lune
60%
Siren
No votes
King of Cille
No votes

Total votes : 5

Who is Your Favorite Boss Enemy that Uses PS Weapons?

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:14 am

Since non-player-characters like Tajima, (Cane/Staff), Neifirst, (Swords and Claws) Lune, (Slashers), Siren, (Guns) got left out of the player-character weapon classification topics, they get their own! Which of these enemy non-pc characters that use weapons that the pcs do, do you like the best? (I'm not forgetting anyone, am I? :eyebrow: ) There aren't many humanoid bosses, are there?

Including the above, I suppose we may as well include even the fringe cases:

Phantasy Star I/IV:
La Shiec/Lassic is holding a staff/scepter too if one wants to stretch it that far, so I'll include them too.

Dr. Mad has a stomach cannon, that ought to qualify as a gun/projectile weapon.

Ditto for The Shadow.

PSIII: I suppose we can toss the King of Cille in there too, since he could be holding a scepter or a Staff.

The omissions: Rulakir... I can't tell he's got any weapons. Lyle and Sari are pcs. As for the humanoids in PSIV: it doesn't appear that Zio or Juza use weapons.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Re: Who is Your Favorite Boss Enemy that Uses PS Weapons?

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:18 am

The $ Avenger wrote:The omissions: Rulakir... I can't tell he's got any weapons.

Rulakir doesn't have any weapons.

I picked Lune for this. He's one of my favorite overall characters/bosses. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Oct 4, '07, 2:09 am

Tsunami wrote:Rulakir doesn't have any weapons.
Ok, good! All I remember is a finger wag! :D

Slashers! :lol:

For me, the bluntness of Dr. Mad is nearly comical: "Give me that cat!" Myau died.

But it comes down to Lune and Siren for me. They've both got self-titled weapons! I like guns, but there's a bunch of gun toting enemies out there, so I go with Lune. I always like Nial's path the best, and Lune's motivations. So he's my winner!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 4, '07, 5:09 am

The $ Avenger wrote:
Slashers! :lol:

Funny, 'cause it's true. xD

I do like slashers, that's for sure. :D But his character is very interesting to me, so thinking about what was going through his head is often amusing.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 4, '07, 5:50 am

It's hard to choose... Tajim really had no impact to me. I've always found Dr. Mad something of a comical character. I think that, subconsciously, I've associated him with a character with a similar name from another source. The Shadow is little more than a Dr. Mad copy to me.

The PSIII villains are interesting in that they show regret for their choices and have some character growth after the fights, but they get very little story to show it. Neifirst... eh. She's an interesting character, but I didn't see enough of her to consider her any kind of favorite.

So I guess I'll go with Lashiec. He's the only one of these that was thoroughly evil and bad enough to be a challenge in not one, but two, games.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Oct 5, '07, 1:17 am

Thoul wrote:So I guess I'll go with Lashiec. He's the only one of these that was thoroughly evil and bad enough to be a challenge in not one, but two, games.
:D You have to pretty bad to still be haunting people 2000 years later! It'd be interesting if they'd had him show up in PSII also. :zombie:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 8:21 pm

Not only does Lune look cool, but he's the only GUY that actualy weilds a slasher, but he actualy does it with style!
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 1, '07, 6:43 pm

Neifirst gets my vote! I just love the Numans and she's the only evil one, so it's no contest for me.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to Classic Series