Which NPC would you like to bring along?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Which NPC would you like to bring along?

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 5, '07, 8:10 am

There are a lot of powerful bosses and interesting characters in the Phantasy Star games. Which non-player character would you have liked to have join your party in each game? For enemies, they could be like Sari - someone that joins up after you defeat them.

These are my picks:
PSI - Hapsby
I think he could have been outfitted with a laser gun or rocket launcher. Everyone thought he was "useless," so I'm sure he'd welcome a combat upgrade.

PSII - Lutz
If he's so concerned about everything, let him join the party and help set it right himself!

PSIII - ???
Actually, I have no idea here. I guess the most obvious picks are Lune, Alair, or Siren. I can't really see any of them bringing anything new to the play experience, though.

PSIV - The Old Man
While I think some of the Musk Cat hertiage is represented by Rika, I would have liked to see an actual feline join the part in this game. All the other races of Algo were represented directly as a playable character, so it would have been nice to see one of them in the group. If not the Old Man himself, then another Musk Cat would have worked, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Which NPC would you like to bring along?

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Oct 6, '07, 1:44 am

Thoul wrote:These are my picks:
PSI - Hapsby
I think he could have been outfitted with a laser gun or rocket launcher. Everyone thought he was "useless," so I'm sure he'd welcome a combat upgrade.
That'd been great!!

PSII - Lutz
If he's so concerned about everything, let him join the party and help set it right himself!
No kidding, what a bum!

PSIV - The Old Man
While I think some of the Musk Cat hertiage is represented by Rika, I would have liked to see an actual feline join the part in this game. All the other races of Algo were represented directly as a playable character, so it would have been nice to see one of them in the group. If not the Old Man himself, then another Musk Cat would have worked, too.
Yeah, I'd imagine the Old Man would tear things up if he's as strong as he looks!

Mine are:
PSI - Robotcop
I think it would've been a nice touch if a reprogrammed Robotcop joined up since there is an android gap in that game!

PSII - Tyler
I nearly picked Lutz, (but if all he has is Noah's PSI skills, I'd pass!) but I'd want Tyler along since he looks like he spends all week in the weight room, and there isn't a burly melee character in that game. Rudo's high attack is wasted on guns!

PSIII - Alair
It would've made more sense to me if she joined the party, and Nial could've used a Slasher wielder over Ryan, who was mostly useless. Yes, I'd purge him despite the sunglasses! 8)

PSIV - De Vars
This one is by far the hardest, but I want a creature of Light! Sa-Lews shares an Esper skillset, so I go with the guy(entity?) with the arm launcher!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 6, '07, 7:44 am

PSI
If we could take either Dezorians or Motavians in PSI, I'd go with either one of those.

PSII
Same as the previous answer. I think those races are pretty interesting! :D

PSIII
I would've loved to have Alair instead of Ryan or Laya. I can't say I'm too sure about what kind of weapon she'd use, though.

PSIV
What if... You could have a rappy join? :hyper: I'd so take that!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Oct 7, '07, 3:11 am

Tsunami wrote:PSIII
I would've loved to have Alair instead of Ryan or Laya. I can't say I'm too sure about what kind of weapon she'd use, though.
Lune Slicer? :knockout: She might have stolen it and trained on it!

PSIV
For some odd reason, I always imagined rappies sounding like gangsta rappers if they could speak... probably because they have the same body as Notorious B.I.G.... that would add some humor to the series :P
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Sun Oct 7, '07, 11:05 am

The $ Avenger wrote:
Tsunami wrote:PSIII
Lune Slicer? :knockout: She might have stolen it and trained on it!

Possible, though I don't think that she could get away with stealing it since it's his prized weapon and all. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 8, '07, 8:06 am

The $ Avenger wrote:PSI - Robotcop
I think it would've been a nice touch if a reprogrammed Robotcop joined up since there is an android gap in that game!

I almost said the same thing before I thought of Hapsby. :lol:

The $ Avenger wrote:PSII - Tyler
I nearly picked Lutz, (but if all he has is Noah's PSI skills, I'd pass!) but I'd want Tyler along since he looks like he spends all week in the weight room, and there isn't a burly melee character in that game. Rudo's high attack is wasted on guns!

Interesting choice! He does look like he'd be a burly type. I have a feeling he would have been another gun user, though. But a strong melee fighter would have been a nice boost to the party.

The $ Avenger wrote:PSIV - De Vars
This one is by far the hardest, but I want a creature of Light! Sa-Lews shares an Esper skillset, so I go with the guy(entity?) with the arm launcher!

Those Light guys were pretty tough. I can never remember which is which, aside from Re-Faze, but they were some of the toughest fights in PSIV for me.

Tsunami wrote:PSI
If we could take either Dezorians or Motavians in PSI, I'd go with either one of those.

That would have been good. It would be interesting to see more of the differences in their cultures over the progression of the games.

Tsunami wrote:PSIV

That would be cool. :D Some sort of "monster pet" thing or something would add a whole new level to the game.

As for Alair, I have a feeling she would have been a staff or knife user. Although, there is that one piece of artwork that shows her with a slicer.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Mon Oct 8, '07, 12:37 pm

Thoul wrote:

That would have been good. It would be interesting to see more of the differences in their cultures over the progression of the games.

Yeah, that was one thing that always interested me -- the roles of the other races in each Phantasy Star. (excluding PSIII of course, though the Orakians and Layans practically consider each other to be their own "race")

Tsunami wrote:PSIV

That would be cool. :D Some sort of "monster pet" thing or something would add a whole new level to the game.

This made me think of an amusing idea. What if there was some Phantasy Star side-game where the heroes were each a different animal? :D A Musk cat, Rappy, maybe a Dezo Pengiun, and a...I dunno, small sandworm for fun. :p

As for Alair, I have a feeling she would have been a staff or knife user. Although, there is that one piece of artwork that shows her with a slicer.

I've thought about it, myself, and think that knives suit her. A weird memory I have (weird thinking on my part) of PSIII is of Nial with both Lune and Alair in his party. Maybe it was a dream or something, I dunno, but I thought that they joined up until I played through Nial's generation myself and discovered that neither one of them joined -- I was disappointed! :faint:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Oct 9, '07, 1:09 am

Thoul wrote:I almost said the same thing before I thought of Hapsby. :lol:
I like Hapsby too, but I'd imagine him having terminally low HP due to his size! :p

Interesting choice! He does look like he'd be a burly type. I have a feeling he would have been another gun user, though. But a strong melee fighter would have been a nice boost to the party.
Yeah, Rolf is pretty much the only one stuck in that role in PSII. That game needed a Gryz.

Those Light guys were pretty tough. I can never remember which is which, aside from Re-Faze, but they were some of the toughest fights in PSIV for me.
It would probably make the game too easy if they gave us a party member with 13,000 HP though... :D

Too true. I can't believe how much dialogue in PSII is devoted to the Motavian love of garbage. What a waste!

Tsunami wrote:This made me think of an amusing idea. What if there was some Phantasy Star side-game where the heroes were each a different animal? :D A Musk cat, Rappy, maybe a Dezo Pengiun, and a...I dunno, small sandworm for fun. :p
That would make for an interesting side-quest. It makes me think of some game, but I can't remember which...

Tsunami wrote:I've thought about it, myself, and think that knives suit her. A weird memory I have (weird thinking on my part) of PSIII is of Nial with both Lune and Alair in his party. Maybe it was a dream or something, I dunno, but I thought that they joined up until I played through Nial's generation myself and discovered that neither one of them joined -- I was disappointed! :faint:
Yeah, that'd be nice. I wonder who the boss at the end of the generation would be, then? Laya? :yaknow:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Tue Oct 9, '07, 12:54 pm

The $ Avenger wrote:
Tsunami wrote:I've thought about it, myself, and think that knives suit her. A weird memory I have (weird thinking on my part) of PSIII is of Nial with both Lune and Alair in his party. Maybe it was a dream or something, I dunno, but I thought that they joined up until I played through Nial's generation myself and discovered that neither one of them joined -- I was disappointed! :faint:
Yeah, that'd be nice. I wonder who the boss at the end of the generation would be, then? Laya? :yaknow:

Or Ryan! :o He hated Lune.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 10, '07, 2:03 am

Tsunami wrote:Or Ryan! :o He hated Lune.
Good point. I'd rather see Laya, though. I think she'd be more able to control an army of monsters with the legitimacy of being the other Laya's younger sister.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Next

Return to Classic Series