When did the Earthmen enter Algo?

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

When did the Earthmen enter Algo?

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 9, '07, 6:20 pm

The Phantasy Star Compendium book has a timeline that claims the Earthmen arrived in Algo in AW 822, sometime between PSI and PSII. But, it seems to me that there is some potential evidence suggesting that they might have been around before that.

PSI's world has a lot of connections to Earth. There are burgers and cola, which are very Earthy things. Flashes are basically flashlights (Generation 1 even shows that they look like real flashlights). There's the Perseus/Medusa thing that mirrors the Greek legend. One of Lassic's histories says he converted to a religion brought to Algo by outsiders, who made his armor. The Earthmen and their Dark Force could have certainly fit that bill.

So my question is, do you think the Earthmen could have arrived even earlier and begun influencing the development of Algo before PSI?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 10, '07, 2:10 am

It would tie in if they were the ones that approached Lassic and introduced him to the power of Dark Force. There's always that tidbit of info that dark priests that came to Lassic and converted him. I think it's possible that they were around that long. Those examples you gave are definitely interesting! I hadn't thought about it, but Burgers and Cola are replaced by the 'Mates in the other games. Maybe they are responsible for all those Earthly objects!

I've been confused about the Earthmen's intentions. They say they want Algo for their own, but they destroy Palma... do they mean they just want Motavia? I understand them not wanting Dezoris, :snowman: , but Palma was just as green as Motavia became. Why build a computer spanning the planets to control the system and then destroy one of the planets?

Perhaps I'll get a refresher when I go over their dialogue at the end of the game.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 10, '07, 4:17 am

Their issue with Palma may have been a matter of numbers. Palma was the center of civilization, and we know they had a lot more ships that Motavia. I don't think it's too far out to consider that the Earthmen might have felt threatened by Palma. Imagine ten of those worldships, equipped with the same kind of lasers as Neo Palm and Alisa III, coming after the Noah. The Earthmen wouldn't have had any hope of surviving.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Oct 11, '07, 12:44 am

I looked at the text at the end of PSII, and they say they wanted "this world", I assume is Motavia, though the game continually calls Algo a planet, so that isn't exactly reliable. :roll:

You're likely right. Palma was too much of a threat if they could build worldships, and they were getting Rolf out of the way and the entire planet at the same time.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 8, '08, 5:05 pm

The official statement is that Earthmen arrived in Algo in AW 822. I also agree with The $ Avenger it would tie in if they came before PS1 (because of what was said about churches, lassic and dark force). The best possibility is that Spaceship Noah came to Algol in AW822 (like the official statement says) but the first ship (witch was some kind of explorer ship) arrived in sooner in 126AW (at the time when algolian spaceships were created), witch is plenty of time to expand religion, etc.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Return to Phantasy Star II