Which Kara do you prefer?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Which Kara do you prefer?

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 29, '07, 3:04 am

As you probably know if you're reading this, there are two variations of Kara in Phantasy Star III. One acts like a stronger, more physical person. The other projects the image of a delicate princess, relying more on techniques than attack power. Which of these characters do you prefer and why?

I generally like the "warrior" version more. I avoid using most of the techs in PSIII, so she fits my play style better.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 29, '07, 6:25 am

I think it depends. I like both versions, but when it comes to who I'd rather have in my party, I'd take the princess version. While the warrior version may seem strong at the start, she doesn't get much better at all, while the princess-like one not only levels up quickly, but she has pretty good stat gains (and surpasses warrior Kara in every aspect).

Also, princess Kara has the 2nd highest tech levels in the game (ends up being around 21,21,20,20), with Laya having the highest (Laya has straight 21's). Sadly, warrior Kara has the worst techs in the game (and I thought Gwyn was bad, which is the case until later levels). So compared to princess Kara's numbers, warrior Kara only has around 11,11,10,10 at her lax level. :yaknow:

While I may like princess Kara as far as a playable character goes, I do believe that I prefer warrior Kara's background and the glimpse of her personality that shows in the very few lines she has. :D Still, if only there was more character development!

Another thing I like is how the path you take with Rhys literally changes who she is in the end. I can't think of any other games where your decisions impact a character to that level, either. :hmm:

And, to add to my rant, Kara was one of my favorite characters for the longest time, but now there's many characters I like so it's hard to pick a single one as far as that goes... :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Dec 1, '07, 10:11 pm

While princess Kara is indeed one of the greatest characters in PSIII, warrior Kara just looks so increadibly awesome! I know it seems minute, but I have found myself torn between the two for that simple reason.
Princess Kara is undoubtably stronger than warrior Kara, but warrior Kara has a much more mysterious background. As Tsunami said, "warrior Kara has very few lines", but thats what makes her character so attractive. >_<
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 2, '07, 3:56 am

I've always liked how warrior kara looked in all, but princess kara is much stronger in the end, XD makes it seem like princess and warrior aren't exactly accurate descriptions. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Dec 2, '07, 5:24 am

lol. No kidding.
Maybe it's all part of some vast scheme to confuse the gamers? o_O
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Sun Dec 2, '07, 4:13 pm

Either that or the game was rushed, thus wasn't balanced properly. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 2, '07, 4:50 pm

It just goes to show that you should never judge a person by appearance. The delicate princess packs more of a punch than the supposed warrior. The warrior Kara looks much more interesting, but I would rather have the princess along for the tech power.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: Which Kara do you prefer?

Postby H-Man » Mon Oct 18, '10, 4:33 pm

I think Princess Kara is more beautiful than Warrior Kara, although the latter is a more interesting character in the fanfics I've read (I think I've read all of about one Princess Kara fanfic, which was okay).
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Re: Which Kara do you prefer?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Oct 18, '10, 5:17 pm

I think I would go with the princess Kara also. I do prefer princesses it seems. :wink: However, Princess Kara seems very capable and able to get done whatever needs doing. So yep, I choose her. :yes:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re:

Postby doncair99 » Sun Dec 12, '10, 3:15 am

Tsunami wrote:

And, to add to my rant, Kara was one of my favorite characters for the longest time, but now there's many characters I like so it's hard to pick a single one as far as that goes... :lol:

I personally like Lynn(Sari) better, despite the lack of character development....She challenges Ayn and then decides two minutes later that she's in love with him?! It's kinda funny. Also, she's the strongest player in the game. I did not have to worry about healing my party a lot when we had her.... :)
doncair99
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 153

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III