Which generation gamer are you?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Which generation gamer are you?

First generation, (1972-1977)= Magnavox Odyssey, etc.
8%
Second Generation, (1976-1984)=Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, Intellivison, etc.
25%
Third Generation, (1983-1992)=NES, Atari 7800, Sega Master System.
8%
Fourth Generation, (1987-1996)=Super NES, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx, Gameboy, etc.
25%
Fifth Generation, (1993-2002)=Nintendo 64, Sony Playstation, Sega Saturn, Gameboy color, etc.
No votes
Sixth Generation, (1998-2006)=XBox, Nintendo Gamecube, Sony Playstation 2, Sega Dreamcast, etc.
No votes
Seventh Generation, (2004-Present)=XBox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, etc.
No votes
A mixture of one or more generations.
33%

Total votes : 12

Postby hugues » Sun Dec 16, '07, 2:08 pm

Although I started gaming in the 2nd generation, and played a ton of NES back in the day, my favorite games & systems are all 4th generation ones. That era of games turned out the best in my opinion. The graphics looked great, I prefer a little crude and cartoony to ultra-realistic. The RPGs of that generation all aged well because they focused on story rather than cut-scenes.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 17, '07, 5:04 am

DrkTr14ce wrote:But can I at least get credit for knowing what the Magnavox Odyssey was?

Given how many people today haven't even heard of it, I think that's worth a generation boost. ;)

hugues wrote:The graphics looked great, I prefer a little crude and cartoony to ultra-realistic. The RPGs of that generation all aged well because they focused on story rather than cut-scenes.

My hope is that when game graphics finally peak, in terms of realistic imitation, the focus will shift back to story.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to General Gaming