Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, '07, 7:42 pm 
In my observations, I've noticed that people's opinions of the Phantasy Star games usually depends on which game in the series they played first.

I played Phantasy Star III first, and as a result I like it a lot more than most people that didn't. I would likely have never looked at the other games if PSIII has been a less enjoyable experience for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, '07, 9:35 pm 
I played PS4 first, then later went back and played the others. After that, when I eventually played PS4 again, I was amazed at all the references to the earlier games in it. They all went over my head before that! Woosh! :arrow: :rofl:

I guess it's nice that you like PS3, but most people don't, you know. I guess because it's so different...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 3, '07, 11:11 pm 
It's been so long that I don't even remember which one I played first. O_o

It was either PSIII or IV, I know that much. Could've been PSII as well, for all I know. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, '07, 1:54 am 
I played PSII first, and even though I've played it through so many times, I like IV the best. Gaming technology finally got decent enough that IV was able to have character development, and to have such a broad battle system.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, '07, 10:38 am 
I played PSI first which is also my favourite. The second was PSII since it was the sequel to my favourite game. When I entered the internet age and downloaded roms I played PSIV and later started with PSIII.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 9, '07, 10:58 pm 
I first played PSIV. It turned out to be my favorite and I am trying to get into the other ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 5, '08, 9:31 am 
I played phantasy star 2 first cause I rember reading a gaming classics review of it in one of my video game magazines they said it was a good game so I downloaded the rom.
and its is a great game. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 5, '08, 4:50 pm 
It was on my birthday. I started with Phantasy Star IV because a friend of mine gave it to me as a present.

His mother to my mother:
«You know, my son chose this present... he said that it must be that game and no other»
My friend to his mother:
«That's because it was the cheapest game for mega-drive (genesis) that was around there»
Me thinking
«This game must be a piece of crap»
Me talking
«Thanks!»

I just dropt it near the genesis and went to play with other friends some pc games. Some minutes after that he asked «so have you played?», I answered «Well, I didn't have time for it...» (the truth was that I really didn't wanted to play that). After some time I casually passed through the room where the genesis was and notice there were about 5 or 6 guys really enjoying that odd game (I didn't knew what an RPG was at that time, it was the first time I played one).

The next day I gave it a shot... I played the basement, Zema... and I started to get hooked when I met Rune. After that I couldn't stop playing. My worst birthday present was the best after all... so that's how I got addicted with PS and how I start loving RPG games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 8, '08, 10:03 am 
I played Phantasy Star I first. I remember the very day my parents bought it for me, I was nine years old, and it was at a game store that no longer exists (sadly). I played it and was hooked instantly. I fell in love with the storyline, and as a child, I centered all my drawings and playing around that freaking game. It was an obsession of mine for a long time, lol.

I then played PS III, and also loved it. After that it was PS IV (my fave), and lastly PS II - which is my least favorite out of the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 9, '08, 1:42 pm 
I played Phantasy Star II first then went back and bought the original.

Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next