Memorable Characters

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Memorable Characters

Postby Celeith » Fri Jul 24, '09, 6:56 pm

Throughout the coarse of the four games there are many characters, each memorable in their own way. In your opinions would the characters be just as memorable if the creators had them do different things. Would Alys still be famous if her death never occured? Or perhaps Nei? What if the generations didn't exist and Rhys never found Maya? Or perhaps Lutz never existed. What are your opinions on this.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Memorable Characters

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 24, '09, 10:09 pm

I think Alys would have been even better without her death. Chaz, on the other hand, would probably not have his chance to shine in that circumstance. I think several of the PSIII characters would have also still work well - Mieu, Wren, and Siren at least. Probably Lune, too.

Nei, and Phantasy Star II in general, wouldn't have anywhere near as much impact as they did without Neifirst and that whole confrontation.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Memorable Characters

Postby Lucas » Sat Jul 25, '09, 1:41 pm

Thoul wrote:.Nei, and Phantasy Star II in general, wouldn't have anywhere near as much impact as they did without Neifirst and that whole confrontation.

True I agree. Nei dying is basically what makes PSII stick out so much compared to other Phantasy Star games for me.

Also I think PSIII should have been fleshed out a lot more because really the only character who comes to mind frequently when discussing PSIII is Mieu.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Classic Series