Where do you sit?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Where do you sit?

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 10, '08, 5:34 pm

Lately I've seen a lot of pushing for special "gaming chairs" in stores. They're basically cresent shaped chairs with speakers built into the frame. Some even sit on the floor as rocking chairs. It made me wonder: when you're playing a game, where do you sit or what do you sit in/on?

When playing a console game, I tend to sit on my bed, facing the TV off to the side. Sometimes I'll lug a console into the living room and sit on the couch instead, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 10, '08, 7:49 pm

At college, I usually sit on my bed to game when playing PS2 or Wii games. The exception is when I'm playing Brawl with the Wiimote and nunchuck. For some reason, I like to stand with that control scheme. When playing at my computer...sitting at my desk.

At home, there's a chair near the TV for gaming that I use. Once again, though, I stand when using the Wiimote and nunchuck for Brawl.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby hugues » Thu Dec 11, '08, 1:41 am

I saw one of those gaming chairs on clearance for $12 at Target so I bought it. I put it in my gameroom and ended-up really liking it. I didn't hook up the speakers because that seemed kinda lame (and I didn't want to trip over the wires) but it's surprisingly comfortable.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 11, '08, 10:32 pm

Really? I nearly bought one myself, but I didn't think it would be that comfortable with the crescent shape.

At one point Walmart had this deluxe model I was thinking about buying. It had a stand, like a more normal chair, armrests, and some pretty detailed controls for the speakers. If it had wheels on the stand, I probably would have went for it. It was a good bit more expensive than the others they had without stands, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Celeith » Fri Dec 12, '08, 12:28 am

I would like to get one of these chairs for my gameroom as well, all I got is a giant blue chair that spins.. Comfy as hell though ^_^
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Dec 15, '08, 4:23 am

I tend to sit in the living lots on the couch. However, if I am playing a gaming console in my room, it is on my bed (top bunk of course) with either my legs dangling off, me laying on my back staring down at the television or on my stomach/chest, head laying off the bed.

When my room is clean however, I got a big leather chair that I call my "Gaming Chair." It retracts back so I can lay down or sit up, plus it came with a stool. However, awhile ago my sister broke the bottom which support the seating part and people were going to throw it away on me because it was getting in the way (It used to be in the living room) soI found some packing tape and tapes it up. I later bought some duct tape to help support it better.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 7:42 am

I had a computer chair whose bottom part broke on me like that once. I thought about trying to put it back together, but I just didn't trust the thing after that. I got a newer chair instead.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Gaming