Where Did the Dragons Go?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Sep 30, '07, 12:58 am

Thoul wrote:I think you touched on the answer when you mentioned the Black Energy Wave. The Wave is a side effect of Dark Force's presence and what creates zombies, at least in PSIV. Let's say for a moment that extends to the other games, too.

The PSI DF has the ability to travel between planets. It empowered Lashiec on Palma, then took over the guy on Motavia, so why not a quick trip to do something on Dezoris too? Maybe to look for Laconia, since Lashiec was afraid of that and probably wanted to ensure the Laconia weapons were protected.

In PSII, DF is shown only on the Noah. There's no evidence that it ever left the ship, which means a lack of Black Wave and zombies elsewhere.

Then in PSIV, while all three DFs were probably on a planet at some point, only the Dezoris DF was shown to have been on planet for an extended amount of time. It probably takes the BEW some time to create zombies: it makes the people on Dezoris sick for time, then they die, then rise as zombies. The first DF was on Kuran with nothing to kill/raise, and the third DF was probably not around long enough to the BEW to affect anything.

That all makes sense. PSII DF is trapped in space, unable to maneuver around the system; I hadn't thought of that. It just takes a stretch for PSI DF to have influence over all three planets. I find it interesting that both PSI DF and PSIV PD spawn on Motavia. The seal is supposedly at its' strongest in the games in PSI, yet both the Saccubus and DF show up in Paseo. Perhaps Motavia is the center of the seal?

That raises another interesting point, though. All the people in Mile on Motavia were killed by the BEW. So would they have eventually risen as zombies, like the folks on Dezoris?
I suppose they would've! Nasty business. That would've been a decisive point if they had made the people in Mile already become zombies; the PD is much stronger than DF, right?
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Sun Sep 30, '07, 5:41 am

We don't know for certain that the PSI DF spawned on Motavia. Remember, Lashiec supposedly summoned it. He may have done that on either Motavia or Palma, with it travelling to Motavia later. We don't know for certain. The PSIII DF sneaked onto the escape ships; it would have had to be on Palma in a time when there's not suppose to be space travel, so it likely spawned there.

That would've been a decisive point if they had made the people in Mile already become zombies; the PD is much stronger than DF, right?

I believe I remember the game saying the PD's BEW was much stronger. Yeah, I guess it have sealed the deal if those people were zombies in the game. They weren't though, so I guess it may require a gradual exposure to raise a zombie.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Oct 1, '07, 12:55 am

Thoul wrote:We don't know for certain that the PSI DF spawned on Motavia. Remember, Lashiec supposedly summoned it. He may have done that on either Motavia or Palma, with it travelling to Motavia later. We don't know for certain. The PSIII DF sneaked onto the escape ships; it would have had to be on Palma in a time when there's not suppose to be space travel, so it likely spawned there.
I'd assume that because of the bizarre dream sequence. I always thought of that Saccubus and DF poking his head through! :p

They weren't though, so I guess it may require a gradual exposure to raise a zombie.
Slow rot... :yuck:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV