Ask Sony to give us Phantasy Star Gen 1&2 on PS4

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Ask Sony to give us Phantasy Star Gen 1&2 on PS4

Postby defyantx07 » Wed Dec 30, '15, 1:23 am

Hi Guys,

Recently Sony has been asking what PS2 games you want on PS4. Using twitter and the hashtag #PS2PS4. I tweeted them and Sega to bring a localized version of Phantasy Star Generation 1 and 2 to the PS4 Playstation Network since they're both PS2 games. Might be a good time for all of us to show them that we all still enjoy this series. Sony might nudge Sega to do it if there is enough noise for it. I also asked for Phantasy Star 5 and to revisit the Shining Force series, might as well reach for the stars while I'm at it. Worth a try anyway, seems like a lot of seemingly unlikely games got announced this year(Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake). If you do it be sure to tweet Sega as well as Sony.
defyantx07
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 22

Re: Ask Sony to give us Phantasy Star Gen 1&2 on PS4

Postby Zio_Falz » Wed Dec 30, '15, 7:36 pm

Shenmue 3 was a kickstarter, thats how it got started.
FF7 remake is a sure money-maker so they didnt neeed crowdsourced efforts; just time.

Not intending to be negative, but, unfortunately I'd likely guess there are more PSO fans than PS Classic fans. And even then, the west hasnt even seen PSO2 yet, so the likelihood of PS Generations is low.
Fortunately, there are complete fan translated versions of both PS Generations in English and French, at PS Cave.

However, this pessimistic view isnt to be entirely antagonistic; After all, Xenoblade Chronicles was successfully localized by petition. So lets give it a shot.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby defyantx07 » Sat Jan 2, '16, 7:42 pm

I agree it's highly unlikely but worth a tweet or two. At least to show Sega that people are still thinking of the classic series. Or that there may be some interest in a follow up to it. Sony is very receptive to fans so they may convince Sega to test the waters with re-release. Again highly unlikely but worth a shot I think. :yes:
defyantx07
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 22

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 13, '16, 11:52 am

Would be so great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209