When exactly was Motavia struck by a piece of Palma?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Re: When exactly was Motavia struck by a piece of Palma?

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 13, '10, 9:50 pm

I always thought the bit about Mother Brain at the core meant the core of the network, not the planet. After all, we don't find her in the planet during PSII. Although, that would have been a great route to go back then.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Ultimate AI » Tue Apr 13, '10, 11:17 pm

Tanith wrote:I think Gaira was mostly an excuse to take the blame away from something more sinister. I think the earthmen and the Mother Brain network planted some hardcore explosive deep in Palma, perhaps through "mining" operations, and that's how the planet was really obliterated. Just a theory, of course, but it might also explain why the citizens, or at least some of them, found out their planet was going to be destroyed.

Well, in the beginning of the development of PS II, there wasn't Gaira, but nuclear satellite Ryuon (as we know from the World Of Phantasy Star). So I believe that Gaira was suppose to be something dangerous like its prototype.
Sorry my terrible English -_-
Ultimate AI
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Tanith » Wed Apr 14, '10, 1:06 am

Ultimate AI wrote:Well, in the beginning of the development of PS II, there wasn't Gaira, but nuclear satellite Ryuon (as we know from the World Of Phantasy Star). So I believe that Gaira was suppose to be something dangerous like its prototype.
Sorry my terrible English -_-

Your English is fine! :up: So that's explained in The World of Phantasy Star? Very interesting. I haven't read all of what's been translated in that book; I've mostly just read the original bios of the PSII characters, which are also really interesting. Imagine what the characters would look like if they had gone with those bios! It would be a much more ethnically diverse group, for one, and man, some of those bios are downright depressing. Rudger suicidal? Huey autistic? Anyway, that could definitely explain why Gaira is so doggone explosive, if it was meant to be a replacement for the abandoned nuclear satellite idea.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 14, '10, 2:22 am

If you want to go even further, GENE in the Memorial Drama CD had a nuclear power source and that is why it was independant from the network of Zelan/Nurvus/Kuran.

Here are points regarding the differences between Seed and Gene.

Seed... Bioplant. A huge facility, the greatest bio enigneering system and unifier of all the plants. A design from after The Great Collapse. Its power is supplied by Nurvus.
Gene... Biodome. A middle sized facility. It was planned and constructions started under the control of Mother Brain. It was halted due to the great collapse and it was damaged, but it was completed safely. Because it was created before the network control plan it has an independent nuclear powerplant.
In short, Freyna's discovery of Gene's disorder was delayed because of its characteristic nuclear reactor.

Source: http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~skymandr/fanbook.html

There is also rumored to be hundreds more hidden behind magnetic fields like Lashiec's castle.

BIODOMES also exist on Mota providing food. I wonder if they are nuclear powered? What if the bioplants on Palma were nuclear powered?

The Alisa III and the Neo-Parm (III)
The names of two spaceships composed of seven multipurpose domes. They were the two spaceships used to evacuate the people of Parma just before the fall of the artificial satellite Gaila.

Ohario Sa Riik and Aina Le Cille, succeed in cutting off their spaceship's remote control system from Mother Brain, and, before the fall of Gaila, evacuate many people in rescue ships left over from the time of the Conjunction.*

Parman (IV [shouldn't that be I - IV?])
The life form indigenous to Parma. They spread to all of Algol's other planets, but when their home planet was destroyed in the events of AW 1284, they completely emigrated to Motabia and Dezolis

So we have the ships being left over from the conjunction and the people of Palma knew their world was gonna end.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Apr 14, '10, 7:50 pm

Rick wrote:We could just go with the Earthmen causing many minor explosions on Palma and then the satellite hit right at the most volatile point.

Well, we could just go with anything. There is no evidence of that.

Rick wrote:Well Parma and Mota switched orbits due to magnetic interference from the huge damn fortress Noah so maybe the Earthmen used the same to send the fragment to Mota?

Did they? They mention only one freak alignment

Rick wrote:We also know that Mota and Parma are close enough in orbit to be able to switch places.

Why? Nowhere is implied that. For example Neptune and Pluto have orbits that "cross" (they don't cross in fact, but Pluto is nearer to Sun than Neptune for some time) and they are so far that Neptune doesn't capture Pluto as a moon. The change could be just one planet moving from its original orbit and then we'd have their orders reversed.

Rick wrote:I say Dark Falz gathered energy after being defeated and then weakened the planet with a explosion to where when Gaira hit, it exploded.

You say that, but I think this explanation not possible. In PSI, DF had to corrupt people to act, so I don't think it could do so, otherwise it would have exploded all the system before anybody could do anything.

Rick wrote:Here we go:

Gaila (II)
An artificial satellite where criminals are imprisoned. Its fall to Parma and the ensuing explosion annihilate Parma.

Doesn't mean that the planet was shattered to pieces. Annihilate is commonly used to describe something like "the city was annihilated by the bombs" and that doesn't mean that the city doesn't exist anymore, just that it was so damaged that it doesn't work as a city anymore. The same could be used to Palma.

Rick wrote:Here we also go, from the compendium section under Mother Brain.
In the following years, construction began on the network on Parma, with Mother Brain at its core.

That sounds like Mother Brain controlled all of the planet down to the core.

I think you misunderstood that. Mother Brain is at the core of the network, not of the planet.

Rick wrote:
Earthmen speech from Naflign's retranslation:

Soon, we were able to destroy your planet of Parma.

Now if we put the picture together, the Earthmen caused chain reactions on Parma via Mother Brain and when Gaira hit it, well that was the final straw. KABLOOM.

An explosion and Gaira hitting the right spot.. Then we coulda had the Earthmen use their electromagnetic influence to send fragments to Mota.

This could happen, but where it is said so? The fact that the planet is rendered uninhabitable is enough to say it was destroyed.

Rick wrote:
in PS IV, the only thing left of Parma is a asteroid field AND Lashiec's castle.

The asteriod field is what remained after 1,000 years. The asteriod belt in Solar System has large objects, including Ceres, a dwarf planet. Being so, Palma could have been reduced to an uninhabitable dwarf planet plus millions of fragments, meaning that it didn't explode completely and is still an asteriod field. We have to consider that, after an event of large loss of mass, a planet can become unstable and be destroyed gradually by gravitational force of the other objects nearby.

Rick wrote:
P.S. we cannot apply EARTH size and our physics and what we think could happen to Phantasy Star. Mota and Palma are small planets. Dezo is a small planet too.

I have never heard that they are, in fact, small planets other than fan theories. If they have gravity (and they do have), they are subject to the same physics laws as Earth.

Rick wrote:We cannot state what we THINK would happen from the moon hitting a planet as a scenario. Just like people OVERESTIMATE the blast radius and tonnage of a nuclear bomb. The ones dropped on Japan were mild. We've never seen it so we can't predict with our science something in another galaxy on a smaller planet. What we think is proven wrong every day.

We have seen that happen with our own planet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_impact_hypothesis

You can go with any theory you want, it is a right every PS fan has. I prefer the most logical theories, but you can always go with magical/mythic theories and everything can be justified by magic or supernatural beings (DF, PD, GL, etc). I just don't like these explanations and prefer logical/scientific ones for things that are not explicitly made by DF, PD, GL, etc.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 14, '10, 11:43 pm

You have a fact: GAIRA HIT PALMA and PALMA EXPLODED. You also have palma UTTERLY ANNIHALATED.

Now utterly annihalated is pretty self explanatory.

You have the Earthmen claiming they destroyed Palma. You have nothing left of the planet but an asteroid field.

Either Gaira was so powerful the planet exploded or minor explosions and Gaira hit it finally.

The facts from the games speak for themselves.

The magical route only is taken because you don't believe a falling satellite can blow up a planet on impact. Yet people will take the Death Star blowing a full size planet up which is even more ridiculous.

That Hypothesis has many problems and can hardly be proven. Too many problems exist. It is also utterly ridiculous and I've love to see it applied to the planets with more than one moon.

Besides, you don't need alot of momentum to push heavy things in space.
Rick
Android
Android

Postby OhNoHumans » Wed Apr 14, '10, 11:52 pm

Rick wrote:An explosion and Gaira hitting the right spot.. Then we coulda had the Earthmen use their electromagnetic influence to send fragments to Mota.

This assumes the Earthmen survived after the Protectors from that time fought with them, doesn't it? I'm sure we don't need to think about that however... Maybe many incredibly powerful weapons were stockpiled there (no prior explosions needed)? And after... we have a good deal of possibilities here, considering that they could utilize teleportation (albeit to a very limited extent).

tilinelson2 wrote:You say that, but I think this explanation not possible. In PSI, DF had to corrupt people to act, so I don't think it could do so, otherwise it would have exploded all the system before anybody could do anything.

What? I don't think that's true. More likely is that it simply found it had an easier time doing that. Besides, DF was what caused the appearance of all the monsters I believe, so it could even do that. Regarding the last point, I don't think it would have ever done that to begin with; finding Ryucross seemed to be too high a priority (too bad for the third manifestation in PSIV!).

But I agree, it couldn't have happened just as he said. It is hard to imagine the first DF relocating to Palma...
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 14, '10, 11:59 pm

. Maybe many incredibly powerful weapons were stockpiled there

Positron Bolt of Wren's perchance?

This is a powerful weapon developed for attacking space
fortresses. A 10 second burst could even destroy Zelan!

That too me seems like ancient Earthmen technology. How many of those did the androids have. The -ren type units have? How many existed on Palma? That is a powerful damn weapon. Where would the chunks from Zelan fly at?

Maybe the LASER BOLTS OF DEATH seen in the PS 3 New Mota script are.. massive Positron Bolts?

For the New Mota in Japanese..

If one Positron Bolt can take out Zelan which is prolly 1/100th the size of Mota.. 100 of them..
Rick
Android
Android

Postby Tanith » Thu Apr 15, '10, 12:13 am

Rick wrote:Maybe the LASER BOLTS OF DEATH seen in the PS 3 New Mota script are.. massive Positron Bolts?

You might want to contact the translator of the PS3 New Mota script, because I'm pretty sure that was just a joke they inserted. :D
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 15, '10, 12:43 am

Well the laser bolts are seen in the images and the images seem to correlate to Parma being fired on and blowing up?

I dunno..

Maybe it's like Mother Brain downgrading to 3.11 to fix the problems? XD

Either way, Positron Bolts are sexy.
Rick
Android
Android

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV