When exactly was Motavia struck by a piece of Palma?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Re: When exactly was Motavia struck by a piece of Palma?

Postby OhNoHumans » Thu Apr 15, '10, 1:01 am

Rick wrote:Positron Bolt of Wren's perchance?

Why not? I was thinking more explosives though. (Hopefully scary antimatter weapons were still a looong way off.) ^_^;;

And I was serious about DF, they don't seem to work like that for some reason. o_O But what if it was possible... The first game didn't seem too clear on what happened after DF's defeat, I don't think.
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 15, '10, 1:18 am

Welp.. Lashiec will live and revive as long as Dark Force is alive..

But still, SEXY POSITRON BOLT.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Apr 15, '10, 1:11 pm

Rick wrote:You have a fact: GAIRA HIT PALMA and PALMA EXPLODED. You also have palma UTTERLY ANNIHALATED.

Now utterly annihalated is pretty self explanatory.

It may be self explanatory, but nowhere in the game says the Palma was utterly annihilated, it was a term you put here out of nowhere. It always says that it was destroyed. To destroy a planet is different to "utterly annihilate" it.

Rick wrote:You have the Earthmen claiming they destroyed Palma. You have nothing left of the planet but an asteroid field.

Either Gaira was so powerful the planet exploded or minor explosions and Gaira hit it finally.

The facts from the games speak for themselves.

I have explained the asteriod belt issue. You have the asteriod belt 1,000 years after the crash and I explained what happens with a planet which loses considerable mass.

Rick wrote:The magical route only is taken because you don't believe a falling satellite can blow up a planet on impact. Yet people will take the Death Star blowing a full size planet up which is even more ridiculous.

A falling satellite can't blow up a planet, it is not a thing to believe or not, it is according to our universe physics. The magical route is taken by those who don't believe in physics and prefer something like "DF made a piece of Palm struck Motavia".
People take what they want, I think Death Star thing crap as well. When you say that Death Star blowing a planet is "even more ridiculous", it implies that a satellite blowing a planet is less ridiculous, but ridiculous nonetheless.

Rick wrote:That Hypothesis has many problems and can hardly be proven. Too many problems exist. It is also utterly ridiculous and I've love to see it applied to the planets with more than one moon.

Besides, you don't need alot of momentum to push heavy things in space.

It has so many problems that it is the most accepted theory nowadays. It is not applied to planets with more than one moon. Study about the formation of the planets and then you will understand.

But you do need lots of momentum to push a planet from its equilibrium.

Anyway, the matter is not to discuss physics. I just used some theory because you stated things that were not correct about physics. My argument is that I believe that, for a piece of Palma to struck Motavia and cause a collapse, it would take some time, if you use purely physics and not magical aspects.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 15, '10, 6:42 pm

It may be self explanatory, but nowhere in the game says the Palma was utterly annihilated, it was a term you put here out of nowhere

Nelson, if you would read a little more carefully, Utterly annihalated doesn't come out of nowhere. It is in the compendium!

The Algol Solar System (I - IV)
A solar system composed of one star and four planets - Parma, Motabia, Dezolis, and Ryucross. The Great Light created it as the Great Seal used to seal away the Profound Darkness. Due to the "Conjunction", the close alignment of three planets in the system in AW 843, an extraordinary event occurred, and Parma and Motabia exchanged orbits. Parma was instantly and utterly annihilated in an explosion in AW 1284, when the artificial satellite Gaila fell.

Now.. here it is

[/quote]
Parma was instantly and utterly annihilated in an explosion in AW 1284, when the artificial satellite Gaila fell
[/quote]

I didn't make it up. It is pretty self explanatory. You also have Tyler quoting Parma as gone for good.

Narrator following explosion- Yushisu and his party felt a shock wave of an explosion within the station. The satellite seems to be drifting towards something's pull. They'll have to fix the satellite's orbit, or else they will crash into some distant planet.

Say, they beat you guys up pretty bad huh? (look out the window) Well, that's the last of Parma.

even worse after the destruction of Parma.
My argument is that I believe that, for a piece of Palma to struck Motavia and cause a collapse,

Collapse refers to civilization being ruined. Lowered down in technology level. Hell, the movie Armageddon has a asteroid about to do that damage. Society would have collapsed indeed after that meteor hit in Armageddon and it wasn't moving fast!

It isn't a collapsing of a planet, it's a collapse of culture. A meteor strikes, massive plate shifts and you have Mota with a different geography.

Whose to say the Earthmen didn't also fire on Algo with Positron Bolts or weaponry to weaken it? They do take credit for it. People saw Gaira hit Palma, Palma exploded.

Hell, if I saw say one of our huge space stations in the future hit the moon and it explodes, I'd consider the huge space station to cause to explode. It was the final catalyst.

Anyways, the Great Collapse coulda taken place a few years after PS 2 requiring Daughter to be built. A worldship decayed in orbit and fell to the planet and destroyed a city almost. People in that town in PS IV think it's the end and should move.

As for impact meteors.. Sadbury Basin was a 10 km meteor.. You also have the Cretacious-Tertiary extinction event which would have wiped out 90% of Mota we see in PS 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous ... tion_event

Scientists in 2010 found that the Chicxulub crater caused that event from that meteor.

I can easily see how a piece of Parma could cause such damage to the small civilized areas of Mota.

It's easy to see a meteor hitting Mota causing a massive civilization decline. Hell, after Mother Brain was gone, Mota's systems would fail and society would really decline.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Apr 15, '10, 8:38 pm

Rick wrote:
It may be self explanatory, but nowhere in the game says the Palma was utterly annihilated, it was a term you put here out of nowhere

Nelson, if you would read a little more carefully, Utterly annihalated doesn't come out of nowhere. It is in the compendium!

The Algol Solar System (I - IV)
A solar system composed of one star and four planets - Parma, Motabia, Dezolis, and Ryucross. The Great Light created it as the Great Seal used to seal away the Profound Darkness. Due to the "Conjunction", the close alignment of three planets in the system in AW 843, an extraordinary event occurred, and Parma and Motabia exchanged orbits. Parma was instantly and utterly annihilated in an explosion in AW 1284, when the artificial satellite Gaila fell.

Now.. here it is

Parma was instantly and utterly annihilated in an explosion in AW 1284, when the artificial satellite Gaila fell
[/quote]

I didn't make it up. It is pretty self explanatory. You also have Tyler quoting Parma as gone for good.
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't take the compendium as canon. Even because the version we have is not an official translation, so who knows the real meaning?
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV