Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 4:08 am 
When a new game console comes out that interests you, are you one of the first to buy it or do you wait a while? If you wait, how long do you postpone your purchase?

I always wait a year or two, for the price to drop a little and the game library to increase to a respectable amount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 4:35 am 
I always wait until its a popular system and you can get them really cheap. Or until there's a game that I can't stand not having so we have to get the console.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:23 pm 
Same as Sparky, I wait for a lower price or a really great game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:43 pm 
I buy a new system when I feel it's worth the purchase. Money isn't usually an issue. It's usually based on at least one good fighting game and an arcade stick being available. I bought my 360 when Dead or Alive 4 and the DOA 4 arcade stick came out. I purchased my PS3 when Virtua Fighter 5 and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection came out. I also snagged two PS3 arcade sticks when I bought it.

I got my PSP since there were a lot of games I wanted for it, mostly RPGs, and after the most recent price drop. I bought my DS a long time ago. I feel it was a moderatly worthwhile purchase for DS games, and a very worthwhile purchase for playing GBA games.

I'm still waiting for a reason to have any interest in the Wii. I'm quite a gaming nut, and it says something when a system has been available for about a year, and I still don't care about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:10 am 
They're still making arcade sticks for consoles? I didn't know that. I'm going to have to look into - I've always loved having the feel of an arcade control scheme below my hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:19 am 
Gah, I could never handle an arcade stick. It was so horrible with me. Like I'd be trying to go one way and it'd go the other, then thinking the stick was malfunctioning I'd look and see that it was my hand doing it. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, '07, 2:30 am 
Thoul wrote:They're still making arcade sticks for consoles? I didn't know that. I'm going to have to look into - I've always loved having the feel of an arcade control scheme below my hands.

Let me know what consoles you'd be looking to get arcade sticks for. I might be able to point you in the right direction of some good ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, '07, 2:42 am 
I wait until it goes on sale for a great price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, '07, 2:43 am 
Well, mainly the most current consoles I have - GameCube and PlayStation 2. I picked up a Soul Calibur game (my first in the series) for the GC not long ago, so I imagine the stick would be great for that. I bet it would be an awesome experience with the Tales series, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:34 am 
I don't have any fighting games for GC, besides the Naruto games, so I don't have any arcade sticks for it. This is the only one I know of:

http://store.videogamecentral.com/ps2acc9568.html

I tend to not like the arcade sticks that are shaped like Xs. I like the square arcade sticks.

As for PS2, the decent arcade sticks are going to cost some money. The Tekken 5 arcade sticks that come with the special edition of Tekken 5 are still decent prices on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 667&sr=8-4

I have 3 of these. Got them on clearance from an EB for $19.99 a piece.

The Street Fighter Anniversary Edition Arcade Stick for (PS2 & Xbox) are decent too, but I've heard their lives are not too long.
They are charging a crap load for them too:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 797&sr=8-1

I have 1 of these and that's it.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next