Whatever happened to...

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Whatever happened to...

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 7, '07, 11:10 pm

There are a lot of characters in the PS games that appear just a few times and are never seen again, even though they may have a lot of potential. It's fun to speculate on what might have happened to them after the story.

What do you think happened to Hapsby after PSI? You go to all that trouble of getting him to pilot your ship, but he disappears after you finally find him.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 8, '07, 1:06 am

Good question! I always loved his bluntness: "Where are we going?". (Selects Gothic). "We are at Gothic. Where are we going?" The sheer simplicity of the statement made me feel like a dunderhead more than an explicit, "we're already there, idiot" could. He was so above it all that he insulted you by not condescending. Anyway.... hmm. Where did he go?

After the defeat of Lassic, I figure he was returned to Luveno and used as a model for other more advanced robots that would be needed for the coming space travel explosion. Perhaps he was the predecessor to Wren?
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Aug 11, '07, 12:43 am

You know, same thing happens with Grandfather Dorin in PSIV. I don't think he reshows up around the time to fight PD or anything. It's almost as if Rune got mad and killed him or threw his body in the quicksand or something. So, where did Dorin go?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Divine Dragon » Sat Aug 11, '07, 12:59 am

Trenzer wrote:You know, same thing happens with Grandfather Dorin in PSIV. I don't think he reshows up around the time to fight PD or anything. It's almost as if Rune got mad and killed him or threw his body in the quicksand or something. So, where did Dorin go?
Oh?

I seem to recall him returning to his chair... o:
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Aug 11, '07, 1:46 am

What did Dorin want with Rune anyway? Were they going to pick up girls or something? :p
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Sat Aug 11, '07, 2:11 am

The Komrade wrote:What did Dorin want with Rune anyway? Were they going to pick up girls or something? :p
Rune needed Dorin to reach the Ladea tower. Perhaps Motavians do have.. some kind of magic..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 12, '07, 12:49 am

Or Dorin is holding out a secret landrover. :lol: With all that junk the Motavians collect, I bet they know where all the neat stuff left over from PSII's time is stashed.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Aug 13, '07, 1:10 am

Thoul wrote:Or Dorin is holding out a secret landrover. :lol: With all that junk the Motavians collect, I bet they know where all the neat stuff left over from PSII's time is stashed.
Ah! A VERY interesting idea!

Ooooh, expanding on that, they have an ancient factory that produces titanium!
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Aug 13, '07, 3:03 am

Divine Dragon wrote:
Trenzer wrote:You know, same thing happens with Grandfather Dorin in PSIV. I don't think he reshows up around the time to fight PD or anything. It's almost as if Rune got mad and killed him or threw his body in the quicksand or something. So, where did Dorin go?
Oh?

I seem to recall him returning to his chair... o:

Does he? I'll have to check that out sometime because I don't ever recall seeing him ever again.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Atolm » Mon Aug 13, '07, 9:36 am

Dorin is at Tonoe, I just do not remember what he had to say...

Ah those wacky Motavians.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Next

Return to Classic Series