What would you do if...

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

What would you do if...

Postby Celeith » Wed Apr 30, '08, 1:05 am

This will be simple, every week or so I'll ask a question and give 2 answers to the question. You chose what you would do in this situation and then discuss with everyone else until I ask a new question. This is not a game so I didn't add it to the game section. Ok lets begin.

You are the leader of a major army and you and a small group have infiltrated the castle. You plan on taking the castle over and hope to bring its territory into your own as the head of the castle has allienced himself with the army your fighting against. Accompaning you in your small group is your sister, when you reach the top of the castle your group seperates except for you and your sister. The two of you run to take the flag so the troops will lose morale and give up but are confronted by a old friend. Behind the head of the castle decides to kill you and your old friend so he can take over the surrounding lands for himself. Noticing arrows are flying at you your sister jumps in front of you drawing her weapon. Do you..

A) Jump in front of her reflecting each arrow with your weapon
B) Allow her to reflect the arrows knowing she may die as you must live for the future of the nation
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Thu May 1, '08, 1:33 am

A. Family comes first. I was almost tempted to say B because of that whole "future of the nation" thing, but to me it's not worth such a sacrifice.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Fri May 2, '08, 9:17 pm

I totally agree with you Thoul. Even if I was the future of the nation what point would it be to live in that freedom if my sister died protecting me.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby snowdragon » Sat May 3, '08, 3:40 am

i pick the first choice too. i couldn't let my sister make such a sacrifice. :cry:
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Postby Celeith » Wed May 7, '08, 12:35 am

Ok heres a new one. I'll stick with RPGish style for a moment and say your a mage with the ability to use fire spells.

You are on a boat in the middle of the ocean and a storm is fastly approaching. The waves hit your ship fierociously as if Neptune himself is angry at you. The boat begins to sink and you are knocked off balance dealing a blow to your head that leaves you unconcious. The rest of the passengers have escaped but you are trapped on the boat as it turns over and sinks to the ocean floor. Not very far deep underneath the water the boat lands on a large rock formation causing the boat to come to a stop. You wake up but water is slowly rising throughout the ship. You move quickly trying to find a way out and come to a hallway with stairs. You see water below you but you have to get out quickly. Do you...

A) Move to the top of the ship to escape (Explain how you escape)
B) Move to the bottom of the ship to escape (Explain how you escape)
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Wed May 7, '08, 9:45 pm

If I'm not very deep in the ship, I'll head down and try to swim out from under the overturned boat. That would be the easiest way out, if there's not a lot of water to swim through.

But if I didn't think I could make it that way, another option would be to head deeper into the ship and try to find something explosive to ignite with the fire spells. If I was lucky, I might be able to blow a hole in the ship and get out that way. I'd look at that as a last resort though. The explosion might knock the ship off that rock formation and put me in a worse spot.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat May 10, '08, 8:05 am

Mage?! HAH! I would never! I am the all powerful Archmage, Xaryn! I cast Hinas to escape the dungeon! XD If I was, I would sit and wait to die, obviously, if I've hit a rock bed, theres going to be no exit on bottom, and the only reason the boat would have stayed upsidedown with a mage on board is if the hole was on the bottom, now the top of the boat, so the water will be pushing me back, and unless I'm extremely good at fire magic, I wont be able to light an effective fire to combat water filling up my boat. So I'll wait to die, not like anyones gonna miss me if I'm on some strange boat with no one willing to stay and help me off! XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat May 10, '08, 8:38 am

For me I'd go to the bottom of the boat, seeing as how the boat is turned upside down and goin down would lead me to the top of the boat. The reason I would go to the bottom is because if I dived into the water looking for a escape and came to a dead end then I wouldn't have time to get back to where there is air. What I would do is when I find the room thats closest to the bottom of the ship I would use my fire magic to begin burning a hole. After the water pushes through and knocked the piece i just burned through I would wait for the ship to begin filling up and then swim out of the hole I just made and make my way for the surface.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 30, '08, 6:40 am

Boiled mage anyone?

Basically I use my fire magic to heat up the ocean until it boils and die a horrible, painful death.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Celeith » Tue Aug 19, '08, 10:20 pm

Ok its been awhile since one I did one of these things so I guess its about time to get back into it. Ok heres this weeks what would you do if.

One day you had a fight with your boyfriend/girlfriend and you stormed out. The next day you came over to apologize because in fact you two are engaged and you love him/her very much. On your way you think of all the things you can say. You arrive at his/her house and notice all the lights are off, the door was cracked open as well as the only light in the house is on the tv. You walk in, noticing something is wrong you run through the house yelling for your boyfriend/girlfriend. You arrive in the kitchen to notice a man who looks like he's wearing a mask with a Joker's face on it from a deck of cards jump from your boyfriend/girlfriend and escapes. Events play out and eventually you are arrested and tried as the murderer of your boyfriend/girlfriend. You are thrown in jail on false charges with little to no chance for parol and you believe you are left there to rot for the rest of your life. One day the warden of the jail proposes a offer to all the inmates. All the cells will be unlocked for one night, if you can find the Rune hidden deep inside the prison you will be granted a pardon. You are not allowed to harm the guards patrolling the area's. If you are caught you will be thrown and locked in your cell and you lose all hope of freedom. The lower dungeon as one may call it of the prison is filled with monsters. You, as well as two other inmates who you befriended are going to try and escape. Do you...

A) Go with them knowing its dangerous and you may be killed by monsters.
B) Hope that you are let out on good behavior so you do not face monsters and can live your life normally.
Last edited by Celeith on Fri Aug 22, '08, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Next

Return to Casual Conversation