What would it take to get you to play PSU?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Feb 6, '08, 7:05 pm

If Sega would get rid of that "Gaurdian membership fee", then I'd be more than happy to get online and play. But as it is, I'm not shelling out 30 dollars a month. Not to mention that if you miss a payment, your account get's earased. Clearly, someone failed to think this one through.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 6, '08, 9:04 pm

Ouch, that would be pretty bad if your account got erased because the payment was a little late. They should at least keep them around for a few days!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Reno » Wed Feb 6, '08, 9:57 pm

Thoul wrote:Ouch, that would be pretty bad if your account got erased because the payment was a little late. They should at least keep them around for a few days!

One of the reasons Online-only games make me nervous. I'm paranoid about save data, (especially in an RPG where many hours are invested) and I hate the idea of not being able to keep my own backups of the data, and giving all my trust to Sega, (not the best idea nowadays! :D ).

I agree that the payment would put me off right away, $30, (about £15 I think) is a lot, especially when the nine year old PSO is free via private servers and more fun, (from what I've played of PSU anyway).
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

uh, no

Postby BroWren » Mon Feb 18, '08, 2:10 am

Heikabuchi wrote:If Sega would get rid of that "Gaurdian membership fee", then I'd be more than happy to get online and play. But as it is, I'm not shelling out 30 dollars a month. Not to mention that if you miss a payment, your account get's earased. Clearly, someone failed to think this one through.

Um, it's $10 a month, not $30, less if you buy in blocks of 6 months, and I let my account go a year unpaid and still had old characters in it when I went back. I stopped playing online in October 2006 and didn't rejoin until Illuminus came out in November 2007. You sure you're talking about PSU and not FFXI? :eyebrow:

The only gotcha is that once you've played online with Illuminus you can't go back to playing with just PSU, but there's really no point to doing that anyway.
BroWren
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star General