What was your first console?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

What was your first console?

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 9, '07, 3:13 am

What was the first home gaming console you ever owned?

My first was the Nintendo NES, a couple of years after it was released. Before that I had only played a few arcade games here and there.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 9, '07, 4:24 am

The Atari 2600 was my first console. I had it back in the "glory days," before Atari and the game industry crashed. It was great at the time and had all sorts of fun games. I kept playing it for years, even after the NES and Super NES came out.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Sun Dec 9, '07, 5:06 pm

My first was the Atari 2600. I had 2 of them, but I only got my 2nd Atari after the first one broke.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Sun Dec 9, '07, 6:04 pm

Intellivision - original model. It was a Christmas present in I want to say 1982. The system still invokes fond memories for me. The first I personally bought was the Genesis.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 9, '07, 8:20 pm

Turbo Grafx16, I think, but its still debatable, I say its this, my brother says its a nintendo(We've NEVER had one???) Someone might say it was the genesis. So I can't be sure.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Sun Dec 9, '07, 9:27 pm

The first I had was a NES. Good times...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Return to Tech and Design