Science Ninja Team Gatchaman!

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman!

Postby MrKite » Sun Jan 3, '10, 12:27 am

aka Battle of the Planets and G-Force, whatever you prefer. Since there were two different english versions of Gatchaman, I just decide to refer to it by its original title. I never cared for Gatchaman in the past, but ever since I preordered Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, I've been fixating on it alot lately. Can't wait to have a team in the game with Zero and Ken, and one with Chun-Li and Jun. So far, I'm really digging the characters Ken, Joe (one of my favorite voice actors, Cam Clarke even does his voice in the G-Force version) and Jun (because she's kinda hot, and Robotech voice actress Barbara Goodson even plays her in the G-Force version). I want to see the new Gatchaman movie that's being made that's set for release in 2011, which is being made by Imagi (TMNT, Astro Boy).
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Science Ninja Team Gatchaman!

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 4, '10, 3:32 am

The show was never shown in my area when I was a kid, so I only learned of the existence of Gatchaman in the last few years. What would you recommend for someone who wants to try to get into it? I watched a version of it on Hulu a couple of months ago, but that seemed to aimed at people already familiar with the series. I didn't enjoy it much.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Tue Jan 12, '10, 9:13 pm

I'm actually only just getting into it, so I don't know if I can help.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Thu Feb 11, '10, 4:32 pm

Well, it looks like that new movie may not happen. Imagi has shut down. I'm sorry to see them go. I was looking forward to seeing this new movie and the new TMNT movie they were rumored to be working on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Fri Apr 23, '10, 4:15 am

Wasn't shown around here either. I've got the first two volumes of "Battle of the Planets" on DVD, but the show really isn't to my liking.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Awesome Animation