What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 12, '14, 6:26 pm

Last night I finished Ratchet & Clank on the PS3 HD collection. But I think I'm going to go for Platinum on this one just for fun. I'm quite familiar with the game, as it and its sequels were some of my favorite games on the PS2. Plus the mirror mode you can unlock after beating the last boss makes it feel like a whole new game.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Feb 12, '14, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Wed Feb 12, '14, 8:04 pm

I beat "Freedom Fall" and "Potatoman Seeks The Troof" on Ouya. Freedom Fall was a fun little platformer game with a neat little twist of making the levels scroll down instead of to the right. It has you gliding down walls to avoid traps and obstacles. The game gives you lots of save points, so you can quickly get back into the game when you lose lives.

Potatoman Seeks The Troof is just hilarious. I highly recommend it if you have an Ouya. It has a retro look to it, but the platforming is pretty solid. It's not a very long game, but you will bite the dust quite a few times during the game.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby R-90-2 » Thu Feb 13, '14, 7:27 pm

I recently finished the PC version of Ys: The Ark of Napshtim.

While it doesn't have the Trials of Alma that allow you to gain Emelas quickly, I never really felt pinched for the stuff, though I probably might have if I was looking to max out all three swords (which is not really necessary). The game does generally have better image quality than the PS2 version, and I didn't really miss the uncanny valley-tastic CG intro and ending sequences.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Thu Feb 13, '14, 9:45 pm

R-90-2 wrote:I recently finished the PC version of Ys: The Ark of Napshtim.

While it doesn't have the Trials of Alma that allow you to gain Emelas quickly, I never really felt pinched for the stuff, though I probably might have if I was looking to max out all three swords (which is not really necessary). The game does generally have better image quality than the PS2 version, and I didn't really miss the uncanny valley-tastic CG intro and ending sequences.

I've started to play the game on my PSP and I have to contonue it soon but it's not eas to find time to do it ! But the game is really great :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Feb 14, '14, 12:12 am

Just beat Perfect Dark for the first time last night, can't believe I never owned the game until recently.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Feb 16, '14, 7:18 am

Tonight I got the platinum trophy on Ratchet & Clank HD. Took a while to get the last achievement (collect 1 million bolts - fortunately it's counted as a cumulative total over each play through provided you use only 1 save file), which also unlocked the platinum. I got it shortly after I reached Planet Umbris in my 3rd challenge mode game. That's only my second platinum trophy in a PS3 game.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Feb 16, '14, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Rylen » Mon Feb 17, '14, 1:46 am

Finished Dust: An Elysian Tail. A short side scrolling Adventure. But with some of the most amazing artwork I have ever seen in a game.

-
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby S4Blade » Tue Feb 18, '14, 12:36 am

I just beat Ethan: Meteor Hunter on PC. It's a lesser known indie 2d platformer that I really enjoyed. It's also available on PSN. If you like these kind of games I highly recommend checking it out. It's pretty tough, and there are some rather tricky puzzles. I'd recommend getting the PC deluxe version because it comes with a soundtrack, wallpapers, and a mini strategy guide that is very helpful. I don't often use strategy guides for games, but I needed it for some of the harder puzzles.

Here is a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvVburvZrVg
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Feb 20, '14, 8:23 am

Just finished Binary Domain on PS3. It was a really enjoyable game. The story was good despite some cliches. You could relate to some of the characters. And the gameplay was pretty decent. The game has a built in microphone function which helped to enhance the game (even if it didn't always input the correct command.)

If you have PlayStation Plus you can currently get it for free in the PlayStation Store.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Mar 17, '14, 4:35 am

Well, after spending most of today on it, I finished Mass Effect. From where I was when I started today to how it ended, man, did that story arc escalate quickly. Been a while since I sat down and played a game for several hours straight (with breaks). I may replay it someday, and it's certainly a game that invites you to do so; there are multiple classes to try and and you can make different choices.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming