What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 5, '14, 7:26 pm

Yes, so many games have great reviews and great notes and commentaries but when the game is out, the sells are very low (I can think about a french game called Beyond Good and Evil which was exactly in this case) but the Okami example is also a great one...alas...:(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Jan 5, '14, 7:39 pm

Yeah, Okami definitely deserved to do better commercially. Really amazing game, very unique.

I just finished Circle of the Moon, very fun game, about to start Gradius and get back to Double Dragon III (I was very happy to get to the last level on my second try after booting it up, I couldn't even beat the first level when I was a kid!).
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby R-90-2 » Mon Jan 6, '14, 8:04 pm

myau56 wrote:I've tried this famous No More Heroes on my WII and it's sure to be a real great game ! I've loved the artistic direction and the game itself (and the name of the main charachter : someone called Travis TOUCHDOWN can only be great person ! :D )
Underrated ? I don't know because when the game was out, the reviews were not so bad at all ! (if I can remember).

According to Suda51, that name was chosen because "It would sound like an action hero to the Japanese and ridiculous to Americans."

But yeah, it was one of those games that's recognized as really good, even though it never sold well, like Snatcher or Psychonauts.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 6, '14, 8:50 pm

R-90-2 wrote:
myau56 wrote:I've tried this famous No More Heroes on my WII and it's sure to be a real great game ! I've loved the artistic direction and the game itself (and the name of the main charachter : someone called Travis TOUCHDOWN can only be great person ! :D )
Underrated ? I don't know because when the game was out, the reviews were not so bad at all ! (if I can remember).

According to Suda51, that name was chosen because "It would sound like an action hero to the Japanese and ridiculous to Americans."

But yeah, it was one of those games that's recognized as really good, even though it never sold well, like Snatcher or Psychonauts.

Ah ? I didn't know about it ! Maybe because I'm not american but for ME this name isn't ridiculous AT ALL so no problem ! :)
But we agree : it's a very good game indeed :)
Last edited by myau56 on Mon Jan 6, '14, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 19, '14, 4:33 am

I just beat WolfChild, an SNES platformer. It was short (only 5 levels, 4 of which were divided into multiple parts), but pretty good. Decent level design, good bosses. I will be replaying it on a higher difficulty setting though.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Mon Jan 27, '14, 11:00 pm

I finished Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution a little while ago. I unlocked all of the characters and beat single player mode with everyone. I love the Clash of Ninja games. I could play these games for hundreds of hours.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Jan 27, '14, 11:23 pm

Just beat Final Fantasy Legend, for the Game Boy, and The Guardian Legend for NES a few days before that. Both really incredible games with great soundtracks (which is half the reason I play games these days, ha ha).
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Jan 28, '14, 3:55 am

Last night, I finished my umpteenth replay of the original Spyro trilogy on PSX. I just love those three games to death. Now I might get back into the some of the PS3 games I've been playing…and Sonic & Knuckles. That second stage boss is…shall we say…very annoying with how finicky the game is with the hit box.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Tue Jan 28, '14, 12:53 pm

myau56 wrote:I'm "near" the end of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask on 3DS ! And after I'll try to beat the last of the serie :)

I've forgotten ! But now I've finished this fantastic Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask on my 3DS !! My verdict : FANTASTIC !
I've started to play the next and "last one" (number 6) and it's still great !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Thu Jan 30, '14, 1:19 pm

I finished Castle of Shikigami III with all of the characters (thanks to unlocking Free Play). It's a really tough game, and some of the characters are so gimped that Free Play seems to be a requirement to beat the game with them.

Good game though. Maybe not as good as Castle of Shikigami II, but still pretty good. I haven't played a bullet hell shooter in a long time, so this scratched the itch for me. I'm going to take a break from my Wii gaming for a little bit now, and play some other games before I get back into it.
Last edited by S4Blade on Thu Jan 30, '14, 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming