What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Oct 29, '13, 2:58 am

Went back and actually finished a normal game of Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. Going for the 100% ending next.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Nov 6, '13, 7:29 pm

Finished Okami- review to follow.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Nov 6, '13, 8:53 pm

Okami is amazing. Can't wait to see your review!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby PathfinderCS » Wed Nov 13, '13, 10:31 pm

I guess it depends on how you define 'beat.' The most recent game I can put into my 'beat' category would be Dragon's Dogma, which is a fairly underrated action-RPG which can both frustrate and fascinate. It's worth a definite look, IMO. The combat is where it really shines. Fast and flowing, it just feels so FUN. The boss battles are also exemplary; climbing on cyclops, griffon, and dragons even SOTC-style. The pawn system is one thing that really sets this game apart from others. Being able to create your own follower, and recruit two others that have been created by other players was quite engrossing, IMO.

On the other hand, there is a fair bit of tedium involved when it feels like you have to back-track a bit to many times to get to quests. Once I got used to the fast-travel it alleviated the tedium a great deal.

The world is fairly big. Not Skyrim-big, but it is impressive in it's own way. Could've felt a little less empty in places and again tedium can set-it, but if you can live with that, you're in for a treat.

I might give it a replay at a later time. Certainly deserves as such, IMO.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 17, '13, 10:35 pm

Just beat No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise earlier today. I could certainly go back and do some completionist stuff, especially achievements, but right now don't really want to. Boy, I had forgotten how tough the last two bosses are. One of them can be rather cheap, but the other is what a boss fight should be - very hard, but fair. One of my favorite bosses in the game alongside the third boss. Every time I lost (which was many times) I can say quite certainly that it was my own dumb fault. Overall I'd say the PS3 port is better than the original Wii version, as the controls are a bit tighter without the motion based scheme and the bike feels easier to control. Plus, there are a few mini games and bosses pulled from the second game on the Wii for some additional content.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby S4Blade » Sun Nov 17, '13, 11:08 pm

Wolf Bird, did you try playing it with the PS3 Move controller? I just got one of the Move controllers, and No More Heroes Paradise is one of the games I want to try with it.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Nov 18, '13, 7:06 pm

I don't have a Playstation Move. But considering that No More Heroes was originally a Wii title, I'd imagine the PS Move controls are decent. The Wii controls were just fine, though I admit I prefer the PS3 standard controller scheme.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Nov 18, '13, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Nov 29, '13, 1:32 pm

Just finished up Ys V: Kefin, Lost Kingdom of Sand. Currently planning LP route.
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby PathfinderCS » Tue Dec 3, '13, 1:51 am

Add Dragon Age: Origins to the list! Granted just one of hopefully more play-throughs, but quite the game!
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 12, '13, 3:23 am

Last game I beat was my Tails-only run of Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Did not get all the chaos emeralds though, as those last few of the 3-d mini-games are pretty brutal. Might go back for them, but probably not in the near future. Now I'm focusing a bit more on my EarthBound 1/128 run, as playing that game just makes me happy and boy, do I need that during finals crush.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming