What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Aug 23, '10, 5:39 am

GTA IV for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago, had to waste 15 hours (obviously took some breaks) to get the Liberty City Minute Trophy. You can pretty much zip through the game if you only focus on missions. Might get some stars in Mario Galaxy 2 next
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Apr 14, '13, 4:54 am

Bumping this topic to say that I just finished Red Dead Redemption a few minutes ago. In the "What are You Currently Playing" topic, I said I was about 3/5 through the main story, but I turned out to be completely wrong: I only had about 5 or 6 missions left when I made that post :duh: It certainly ended quicker than I thought it would.

As for the ending, I will absolutely NOT give it away, but it left me unsatisfied for two reasons (that, again, I will not spoil. It will make sense when you finish the game).
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Apr 14, '13, 3:05 pm

Good, I don't want spoilers. ;) I'll be glad I'm just taking my time then and completing a lot of random challenges and achievements. I'm always slow going through open world games, because I get so hooked on exploration. And if I love a game enough, I'll go out of my way for the random achievements and challenges. So put those two together, I'm in no hurry to finish Red Dead.

Last game I actually beat was Okami HD, with 100% and all achievements. I still love that game.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Apr 14, '13, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby R-90-2 » Thu May 16, '13, 6:18 pm

If you count it as "winning", then my company managed to survive all thirty years of Game Dev Tycoon, despite such wonderfully wrongheaded releases of games like the Hospital/Action game, Trauma Blade.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Thu May 16, '13, 8:00 pm

The last one was Sonic on the Master system ! (Great game :) )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Rylen » Thu May 16, '13, 10:41 pm

Skyrim (finished the main quest) and Bastion.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby R-90-2 » Wed May 22, '13, 2:49 am

Managed to get 100% completion on McPixel. I can't remember laughing so much witha game for a long time.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 26, '13, 5:49 pm

I JUST beat Red Dead Redemption. And I'm going to disagree with Flames, and say that I was satisfied with the ending. I won't say much. But I do want to ask Flames this: did you do a stranger mission that appears in Blackwater after the attack on the Marston ranch by the army?

Yeah...this is my new number 3 game. It has ousted Shadow of the Colossus.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun May 26, '13, 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun May 26, '13, 11:46 pm

^Yep, I completed the stranger mission. I guess my dissatisfaction with the ending is more of a nitpick from a gameplay perspective than a problem with the actual plot, in that you have no way of switching back to John Marston. That obviously wouldn't make sense because of his death, but the option would have been nice, even if it was a secret bonus for getting 100%. I'll admit the idea of advancing the story by a few years and playing as a different character was pretty cool, but I guess I just prefer John Marston over his son. Anyway, the ending does leave an impact, and for better or worse, that's one of the most important aspects of any ending.

That reminds me, I still need to start playing the Undead Nightmare DLC.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 27, '13, 1:09 am

Fair enough! I did create a save further back because I had a sense, if you will. Plus, wanted to have a save to go get things I missed, just in case. Turns out that was unneeded. plus, you can replay missions from the pause screen!

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming