What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Darkil » Mon Apr 26, '21, 12:58 pm

I recently finished Ducktales Remastered and it was as fun as the NES game! Prior to that I (finally) finished AC IV: Black Flag which is still one of my top favorite AC games to this day because, as Captain Jack Sparrow famously said, Pirate!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 27, '21, 10:44 am

The last game I beat was Ys'VIII ! What a great game !! One of the best : the Memories of Celceta was great but this one....and the musics !!! :o :clap: :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Darkil » Tue Apr 27, '21, 2:43 pm

myau56 wrote:The last game I beat was Ys'VIII ! What a great game !! One of the best : the Memories of Celceta was great but this one....and the musics !!! :o :clap: :clap:

Congrats! I love the Ys games but I stopped playing Ys VIII because of my silly backlog. Was there anything particular you liked/disliked about Ys VIII?
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 27, '21, 2:58 pm

Darkil wrote:
myau56 wrote:The last game I beat was Ys'VIII ! What a great game !! One of the best : the Memories of Celceta was great but this one....and the musics !!! :o :clap: :clap:

Congrats! I love the Ys games but I stopped playing Ys VIII because of my silly backlog. Was there anything particular you liked/disliked about Ys VIII?

Silly Blacklog ?? You lost your savestates ?
Particular I liked : the scenario, the atmosphere and the musics (so great ! One of the best soundtrack of all times !) :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Darkil » Thu Apr 29, '21, 12:34 pm

myau56 wrote:
Darkil wrote:

Particular I liked : the scenario, the atmosphere and the musics (so great ! One of the best soundtrack of all times !) :)

I agree. Ys has some of the best music out there and I clamor to find any and all music albums I can to listen outside of the game. I definitely liked the idea of being on an island in Ys VIII, but I did get a bit meh about the "town defense" mechanic as it reminded me of Tower Defense too much. I didn't play much after that first fight so I may be short changing myself.

I didn't lose any savestaes. I'm not certain what you mean with that statement.
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Apr 30, '21, 2:10 am

New Super Lucky's Tale on Steam. Good 3-D platforming fun, and honestly, I'd argue it's the best of the recent 3-D platformers that aren't named Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 30, '21, 11:07 am

Darkil wrote:
myau56 wrote:
Darkil wrote:

I agree. Ys has some of the best music out there and I clamor to find any and all music albums I can to listen outside of the game. I definitely liked the idea of being on an island in Ys VIII, but I did get a bit meh about the "town defense" mechanic as it reminded me of Tower Defense too much. I didn't play much after that first fight so I may be short changing myself.

Ah !I was just asking about the "Blacklog" as I dont know what it means ! ;)
About the "Town Defense" I'm not a big fan of it either...:)
Hope you'll change your mind! And true, the musics are alays great in the Ys games ! But here... :o
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Darkil » Fri Apr 30, '21, 1:36 pm

myau56 wrote:
Darkil wrote:
myau56 wrote:Silly Blacklog ?? You lost your savestates ?

Ah !I was just asking about the "Blacklog" as I dont know what it means ! ;)
About the "Town Defense" I'm not a big fan of it either...:)
Hope you'll change your mind! And true, the musics are alays great in the Ys games ! But here... :o

Oh myau56 I apologize! Backlog, as that's what I was attempting to type until my fingers betrayed me, is simply the amount of games I have sitting waiting to be played and/or completed :rofl:

Per your suggestion and enthusiasm, I will most certainly be playing Ys VIII again to not only enjoy one of my favorite series, but to also prepare for Ys IX!
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby MrKite » Fri Apr 30, '21, 4:36 pm

Last game I beat was Galaxy Fight for the Neo Geo. I beat it on the Switch.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Sat May 1, '21, 11:05 am

DARKIL : No problem at all about that ! ;) And about "the amount of games I have sitting waiting to be played and/or completed :rofl:" : it's the same for me ! A VERY VERY LONG list ! :rofl:
Hope you'll enjoy the rest of this fabulous YS VIII ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming