What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Hukos » Thu May 5, '16, 7:19 am

I beat Wind Waker (gamecube version).

I'm not Zelda guy, I don't have a huge attachment to the franchise but I liked what I played. Sailing was okay until I started doing a ton of sidequests, then it really annoyed me. Well, the sailing didn't bother me so much as constantly changing the wind direction all the time. That was irritating.

I did most of everything in the game, sans the Figurine sidequest because screw that, so I guess its a 99.99% run.

Overall I liked Wind Waker, but I can't say I loved it. Solid, but unspectacular.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Wing Eye » Sun May 15, '16, 5:29 pm

Finally beat Fallout 4 with all 4 endings :)
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby myau56 » Mon May 16, '16, 12:01 pm

It was yesterday : I've just finished (again) Golden Axe on Master System ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Aug 13, '16, 4:34 am

Last weekend I beat Shadow of the Colossus on hard mode on PS3 with the remastered version. Still love that game to pieces, easily my second favorite (originally) PS2 title after Okami.

Tonight I just beat Super Mario 3D Land, or at least the main 8 worlds. I enjoyed it, but not enough to bother with the Special levels and the extra challenge presented therein. I started them, but it took me little time to realize that they're mostly more difficult versions of the base levels. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't really feel compelled to hunt down extra glittering stars for my profile on the cartridge. I'd rather move onto a different game, as I have plenty to go through. And if I want challenge, well, I got Ghosts 'N' Goblins on my 3DS as I had a small amount of credit sitting in my eShop account, so I figured why not?

Masochism engage!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby chaoko99 » Mon Aug 15, '16, 7:22 am

DOOM I think, literally on the last level of XCOM 2 as I type this. I'm somewhere in the region of a quarter way through PSII and mid-final generation for PSIII, but I don't wanna play that PoS game. I NEED to finish PSII though.
chaoko99
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 19

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Oct 29, '16, 11:42 pm

After a long time of starting it, then using it for my thesis, then not playing I just finally beat Bioshock Infinite. That was probably one of the most interesting endings I've seen in recent memory.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sun Oct 30, '16, 11:47 am

Ah Bioshock infinite ! One of the games I've never tried and it's a shame ! But I'll surely never played it as I don't have the consoles or PC to launch it, alas ...:(
But I've finished the two Bioshock(s) ! Two marvelous games, two of the best I've ever played... :proposetoast:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Hukos » Wed Nov 23, '16, 3:33 pm

So, I beat Twilight Princess.

Its uh, not that great. Its not horrible but there's a ton of small things the game does really poorly that bug me (like parts of the world map being out until you do this one thing however you can still take the long way around the world map to get to that location so its like why even bother? That's just being anti-convenience)

Dungeons are great, but honestly this game has convinced me that dungeons alone don't make a good Zelda game. A lot of the stuff that happens in between dungeons ranges from boring to tedious, so I'm wondering "Why not just make the game a dungeon rush or something?" For all the complaints the world map in OoT gets, TP's is 100x worse (And I *hate* OoT's world map). Its gotta be like 5x the size but just as little going on in it.

TP's artstyle is... weird. It looks like its trying to emulate OoT but with modern technical advantages but what it achieves is something really bizarre. Almost everybody in the game just looks like they don't belong in the game at all. Link, Zelda, assortment of NPCs, etc. None of them look like they belong in this world and it gives this game a very uncomfortable, very alien feeling to it. That might be effective in some kinds of games, but Zelda's not really what I'm looking for if I want that kind of feeling. I'm looking for something with a lot more warmth and welcoming vibe. Midna is the only character who looks like they belong at all, which probably explains her popularity.

TP is a weird game where the beginning is okay, the midgame is the best part but it completely falls off the rails at the end. When I was playing the game I didn't mind it so much but when I turned it off and reflected on it, I was kind of left with a really sour taste in my mouth.

I know some people really like it a lot but consider me really unimpressed.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby myau56 » Thu Nov 24, '16, 12:43 pm

Ah ! i've forgotten ! But I've finaly finished the last game of the Zero escape serie ! Zero Time Dilemma :) What a great serie ! One of my favourite, all video games I've played during my gamer's life. The third one is great but my favourite is the second one, Virtue's last Reward (what a chef d'œuvre !!). The third one is great but "a bit" short : it's 40 hours but the second one was 102 hours for me to complete ! :)
But finally, this serie is my favourite one with Phantasy Star and Ace attorney ! :)
Last edited by myau56 on Thu Nov 24, '16, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby myau56 » Fri Nov 10, '17, 12:44 pm

The last game I've beaten is Streets of Rage 2 ! Long time I've not finished this fantastic game ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming