What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Mar 23, '14, 10:45 pm

Just finished L.A. Noire. Thoughts will be in upcoming review.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Mar 23, '14, 10:57 pm

Ooo, another one I'll be looking forward to. My favorite Rockstar game besides Red Dead.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Mon Mar 24, '14, 11:46 am

I finished Splinter Cell HD on PS3 this past weekend. I forgot how much I love Splinter Cell games (except Double Agent). I have the whole HD Trilogy remake on PS3, so I'm going to try playing through the other two games in the near future are well. I played all three games in the trilogy a long time ago on Xbox, but I don't mind playing them again in HD. Great games.
Last edited by S4Blade on Mon Mar 24, '14, 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Snorb » Tue Mar 25, '14, 2:52 am

Not entirely sure if it counts per se, but I just finished the DLC campaign for Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall. My best friend beat it the other day, and it turns out we had some rather interesting differences in how Dragonfall's plot resolved with regards to the overall villain's fate.

He sold Feuerschwinge, a legendary (and insane) dragon that killed thousands of people when magic returned to the world in 2012 to an artificial intelligence of dubious benignity with unstated and questionable intentions that was impersonating our close friend whose death starts the plot of Dragonfall.

My character, who I rather consistently portrayed as a decent person whose preferred combat tactic was "full automatic assault rifle fire at point-blank range!!" didn't even bother entertaining the AI's offer and she proceeded to kill it with extreme prejudice. As for the dragon, we set her free after convincing her to not commit suicide because of how humans ruined Earth.
Last edited by Snorb on Tue Mar 25, '14, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby S4Blade » Sat Apr 12, '14, 10:55 pm

Well you can't really beat MMOs, but I just finished playing Aura Kingdom not too long ago. I made it to level 22 before I decided to quit. The game itself is actually pretty good. Probably the best anime inspired MMO I've played in years, but the stupid lottery based cash shop ruined the game for me. They sell "Fortune packs" in their cash shop that give you a "chance" of getting the costume or items that you want. No thanks. When I'm paying real money for virtual stuff, I want it. Simple as that. Don't tell me there is a chance that I might get the item I want, that's BS. Now I understand why people say to stay away from Aeria games.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sat Apr 12, '14, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 13, '14, 11:30 am

Yes, playing MMORPG's is very strange as, like you have said, there is no end...and maybe that is one reason why I don't like MMO and don't play them ? (maybe the lack of time too !).
But when you have played it a lot, you can by a certain way consider that you have "finished" it...like when you think you have played enough and decided to stop it all by yourself !
Lottery based cash ? you're right, it's totally absurd :( From the start, I find that to pay for more content is totaly absurd (from someone who have bought a lot of Rock Band songs ! :rofl: but that was before ;) ) : but here !! Only the "chance" to have it ????? :o
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Apr 13, '14, 1:24 pm

Finished off Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Need to figure out how to review that one.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby S4Blade » Mon Apr 14, '14, 1:47 am

myau56 wrote:Yes, playing MMORPG's is very strange as, like you have said, there is no end...and maybe that is one reason why I don't like MMO and don't play them ? (maybe the lack of time too !).
But when you have played it a lot, you can by a certain way consider that you have "finished" it...like when you think you have played enough and decided to stop it all by yourself !
Lottery based cash ? you're right, it's totally absurd :( From the start, I find that to pay for more content is totaly absurd (from someone who have bought a lot of Rock Band songs ! :rofl: but that was before ;) ) : but here !! Only the "chance" to have it ????? :o

myau56 I love MMOs, and I have played a lot of them. Free to play MMOs always have cash shops, and usually I don't mind them, but Aura Kingdom's was just garbage. You see, I'm one of those people that likes to support MMOs that I like. I understand that running free to play games costs money, and without it, the games will shut down. So I do my best to support MMOs that I like when I play them.

However, lottery based cash shops just irritate me. I could have looked past it if there were a few lottery based items in the cash shop of Aura Kingdom, but almost everything I wanted was lottery based, so I quit the game. If I can't justify supporting an MMO, then I won't play it at all. I play MMOs with intentions of supporting them through their cash shops, but I have to like the games first, and also approve of their cash shops and cash shop prices.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 17, '14, 10:19 pm

For me it's the contrary : don't like MMo's ! But no problem about people loving them and I can understand your way of thinking about them and support them if you like :)
But I prefer to pass the (few) little time I have to more consequent games and try to finish them ! And more than that : to have fun playing ! I'm sure you have a lot of fun with those MMO's ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Apr 18, '14, 2:17 am

I actually love MMOs from the little I've played (which is just Everquest, basically, other than one MUD, always wanted to play Ultima Online, too) but I won't allow myself to play them because I basically didn't go outside for three months when I played Everquest, ha ha. I find that pretty much all good games are addictive, especially RPG's, but MMOs are especially bad about it.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming