What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Jan 30, '18, 7:39 pm

I've started clearing out my fan-translated RPG backlog, and so I've finished Emerald Dragon.

There is too little space here for my thoughts, so expect it to be the subject of Playjournal #3.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Feb 6, '18, 9:49 pm

The other day I finished Okami HD, Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds expansion and the indie game Abzu from That Game Company (the Journey people). Yes, all in one day. The former two were already almost finished, and Abzu was short, which is good. It was exactly as long as it needed to be.

I hope to finish Doom 2016 next.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 9, '18, 11:39 am

The last game I have beaten is Zelda Ocarina of Time on my 3DS ! At last I've played it and finished it ! Better late than never ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 9, '18, 4:35 pm

Ok, so the last game I finished was actually the PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus, but only if you count finish as "beat all 16 colossi once." I went straight to hard mode as it lets you choose (in the original you unlock hard mode by beating normal) but between time attack challenges in all difficulties and finding things in the world I don't consider that beat. I might go for platinuming this game, which I never did with the PS3 remaster.

I also tried out Grow Home, but in a game like that, I don't want controls that are comparable to Octodad (where those floppy controls work partially because it's a comedy game), thanks. Sadly the pieces were there for me to like it but the controls just do not work in a game like that.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Mar 26, '18, 3:18 pm

A few weeks ago I beat the 2016 Doom. It was quite fun.

This past weekend though, after...honestly, possibly 20 years? I can't recall the first time I played this game, but I played it a lot as a kid. The game I speak of is The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Like the other ES games though, it's so easy to get lost in the world, and this one is no exception. Granted, it's structured very differently from modern ES titles due to procedural generation, and it's apparently one of if not the largest land mass in games, still to this date. Anyway, though, as a kid, I never got far in the main quest. I always got lost joining and doing guild quests and messing around in the wilderness and being a werewolf. Well, it's available as a free download now (sanctioned by Bethesda) with a ton of patches (and it's still admittedly a buggy mess) and even a preconfigured DOSbox emulator. I beat it yesterday, after running into a glitch in which a main quest item glitched out of my inventory, though I still had a save from immediately after I got it which I could reload, though it lost me some goodies from doing guild quests. Just one of those things that I guess I felt I needed to close out in life. That last dungeon though...never doing that again.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 27, '18, 1:04 pm

The last game I beat was, as often, an old one !
It was Wonderboy5 : Wonderboy in Monster World 5 on my beloved Megadrive ! :) It was so great ! Wonder Boy III was great on Master System (I've finished it two or three times before, but on the original Master !); and this one was great too !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Jun 16, '18, 8:02 pm

Finished Strider (2014). Even though the game is a bit Metroid-ish, it's still essentially a Strider game, as the core gameplay is still all about jumping, climbing, and slicing up enemies with a sword you can swing really fast- it's really, really good stuff.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Rylen » Tue Jun 19, '18, 11:59 pm

Over the weekend I beat Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive Edition) it is a fun game in the same vein as Metroid. But also a lot harder. Even on Easy mode you still have a lot of timed jumps and doges that with my hand eye issues.. I think I logged in over 1400 respawns over the course of about 14 hours of game play. Its a very simple game. But has some neat challenges to it.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby myau56 » Wed Jun 20, '18, 10:38 am

It was Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice...Again ? ?? Yes ! Because I've finished the new scenarios I've downloaded and I've definitively finished the game this time ! It was great, as always with this grand Ace Attorney serie ! :)
And this last scenario was great too !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Jul 29, '18, 11:04 pm

Well, after playing the game absolutely mercilessly since it came out for PC, I finished Ys: Memories of Celceta.

I have opinions. They may take a while to write out completely, though.
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming