What was the best version?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

What's the best version?

Episode I (Original Dreamcast/PC version)
No votes
Episode II (Second Dreamcast version)
No votes
Episode I & II (GameCube/Xbox)
50%
Episode I & II Plus (GameCube)
50%
Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution
No votes
Episode IV (Blue Burst)
No votes

Total votes : 2

What was the best version?

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 12, '08, 12:44 am

Which version of PS Online do you think was the best? I started to exclude Episode III, since it is so different from the others, but I guess we may as well count that too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Dec 14, '08, 11:33 am

I've played two versions. Episode I & II (GameCube) which was my uncles game. I started to get into it because at the time, I just saw Phantasy Star and was happy. A year or two pass and I decide to buy a copy of my own, I now own Episode I & II Plus (GameCube) Which I think is about the same in most cases but has a little bit extra for game value.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 7:38 am

I'm going to say Episode I & II. I'm not sure how different it is from Plus (haven't played that one), but I like the idea of having both on one disc a lot more than the two separate Dreamcast versions.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Dec 18, '08, 9:44 am

This is taken directly from Wikipedia on the Phantasy Star Onlinepage.

Wikipedia wrote:Differences Between Phantasy Star Online I & II and the Plus Version
Early in the effort to run unsigned code on the GameCube, people found that when playing PSO and connecting to a server using the GameCube Broadband Adapter (one of the very few games that use this technology), a regular PC could be made to pretend it was a server, thus fooling the game. After making the connection, data could be streamed back to the GameCube. Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus was released to fix this problem. The other incentive to getting this version was the inclusion of exclusive content in the disc, while beforehand this data was only in a downloadable form. Also, the East Tower and West Tower quests for Episode II was added in the Plus version. In the normal version, those quests were only available online.

Additions to Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus
1.'Central Dome Fire Swirl' is available offline in Episode 1

2.The GBA downloads in 'The Fake in Yellow' in Episode 1 are now available offline

3.'Seat of the Heart','East Tower' and 'West Tower' are available offline in Episode 2.

4.The Episode 2 Challenge Mode is now available offline. Users who have the original release of Episode 1 and 2 can only play Episode 2 Challenge Mode while online.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 18, '08, 3:36 pm

Hm, I'll have to pick up the Plus version if I ever get a chance, then. Extra offline content is nice to have.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Phantasy Star General