No votes
I don't want to
No votes
What the heck is Earthbound?
No votes

Total votes : 1

Calling all Earthbound fans!

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Oct 14, '08, 3:30 pm

So far it's seemed to me that there are maybe one or two people besides me on this board who've played Earthbound, but I'm posting this anyway because I'm so excited over it.

http://mother3.fobby.net/

A Mother 3 fan translation due out at the end of the week!! :D Seems it's coming out as a patch for the Japanese version of the game for roms and standard hardware/software, so anyone who wants the patch will need a Japanese version of the game.

Woo-hoo! :D People who don't know Japanese will be able to play Mother 3 after all! I may have something new to do this weekend! :mrgreen:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Celeith » Tue Oct 14, '08, 4:02 pm

Heh I read about the translation a day or two ago and thought, Hey Earthbound translation, Caged must be all over this so I decided to let you bring it up, but considering the post wasn't made until today maybe it woulda been cool if i would have brought it up sooner ^_^
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Oct 14, '08, 4:49 pm

Kaloes wrote:Heh I read about the translation a day or two ago and thought, Hey Earthbound translation, Caged must be all over this so I decided to let you bring it up, but considering the post wasn't made until today maybe it woulda been cool if i would have brought it up sooner ^_^

I actually heard about it a while ago and saw they were still fixing lots of bugs, forgot about it for a while, looked it up again, and saw that it was due for release soon. It was a bit of :o moment and I had to post it here because I'm so excited! I looked at some of the videos, and it seems it keeps the spirit of Earthbound...goofy enemies (Rhinocerocket), off-beat weapons (Very Good Stick), the rolling HP meter and even some NPC sprites make their return from Earthbound, and I bet there's more. All of this makes me very very happy. :D

It's a good thing I was already playing through Earthbound again anyway and I just finished Magicant last night, so I'm almost at the end of the game. Just in time for the patch's release, so I don't need to speed-run it. ^_^
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby DrkTr14ce » Tue Oct 14, '08, 5:10 pm

Allright! This alone makes we want to go back and go further in Earthbound! Admittingly, I'm not overly far. (Jeff's in my party..)
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Lemina » Wed Oct 15, '08, 12:55 am

I've never played Earthbound, but I wanted to. I'm highly excited about this patch--This would be Lucas' game, right? I'd love to see his story!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 15, '08, 1:56 am

Yeah, this is the game where Lucas is the protagonist. Ever since I found out he'd be in Smash Bros. Brawl I wanted to know his story as matter of curiosity, so I'm definitely thrilled over this patch. Since I play Lucas a fair bit in Brawl, actually knowing his story will be a treat. I like a lot of characters in Brawl, but I always like to actually appreciate the stories behind them, especially the ones I play the most.

Super Nintendo emulators and Earthbound roms are both pretty easy to find if you just do a search in any search engine. :wink:

DrkTr14ce wrote:Allright! This alone makes we want to go back and go further in Earthbound! Admittingly, I'm not overly far. (Jeff's in my party..)

Jeff is awesome. I don't know if you've previously completed Earthbound or not, but Jeff is awesome.

Wolf Bird

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Oct 15, '08, 5:01 pm

No, this is my first time through it. I've already managed to screw up, though.
(I didn't go for that Cave after taking care of Happy Happy Village, and I'm stuck in the next town because of the Ghosts.)

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 15, '08, 5:33 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:No, this is my first time through it. I've already managed to screw up, though.
(I didn't go for that Cave after taking care of Happy Happy Village, and I'm stuck in the next town because of the Ghosts.)

Whoops. The good thing is that with Jeff in your party and the levels you'll have after you get rid of the ghosts, that cave, which can normally be a bit of a pain with Paula's low levels when she joins you, you'll breeze right through it once you get to it. Really, several of the sanctuaries (there's one at the end of that cave) are pretty easy to bypass by accident if you aren't careful. I once bypassed the fourth one and I didn't realize it until I tried to get into the fifth one...which you can't get into until you do the fourth because of an item that's at the fourth one.

Wolf Bird

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Oct 15, '08, 5:46 pm

Huh. Well, I feel a bit better now. Thanks for that.

In the mean time, I think I'll go back to playing it.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 15, '08, 6:31 pm

You're welcome. :) I'd just be sure to hit that cave again as soon as you clear the zombies out of Threed, because after you beat their leader, the third sanctuary opens up. By then, you probably won't get a lot of experience out of doing the cave you missed, but you'll want to do that anyway because the cave that leads to the third sanctuary can be extremely difficult because the enemies LOVE hitting you with status effects. Getting around to do all that may be difficult because you can't teleport and you don't learn how to until a specific point in the game, but it'll be worth it.

I'm trying my best to not spoil anything here. :wink:

Wolf Bird

Next

Return to Retro Roundup