What was the best PlayStation game?

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

What was the best PlayStation game?

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 11, '08, 4:11 am

After the heyday of the SNES, Sony became king of the video game market thanks to the PlayStation. The CD format allowed moving cutscenes and games on a scale that had never been seen before. Out of all the different kinds of PlayStation games (excluding PlayStation 2 or 3, so just the original system), which do you think was the best?

Lots of great games to choose from, but my pick has to be Wild ARMs. The western setting mixed with sci-fi and fantasy was a really great and new concept for an RPG.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sat Oct 11, '08, 4:01 pm

I have to agree with you on this one Thoul. Wild Arms has to be the greatest PS1 game of all time. The story, the graphics, the music, they were so great that it makes any rpg gamer want to be involved in the story themselves.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Oct 12, '08, 10:23 am

I have three games I would have to say... (I can't pick out of the three)

The first would have to be Grandia. I just love the game! Simple as that!
Number two would have to be Digimon World. In my opinion, the only "true" Digimon World game. Challenging yet fun.
And the last one would be Legend of Dragoon. Though I never made it to the second disc (Stupid house got broken into) I enjoyed every moment of it.

And the last thing I have to say is... Banana.... Just to waste precious seconds of your lives....
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lemina » Sun Oct 12, '08, 2:01 pm

Chrono Cross for sure. It may have not been the sequel that Chrono Trigger fans had hoped for, but dang, that was one amazing game. The music, the writing, and the graphics were nothing short of exquisite! CC did kind of lack in the character department though.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Oct 12, '08, 3:28 pm

I was in fifth grade back when the Playstation first came out. And there's pretty much only one game (well, series) that I still go back and play from that console, and that would be the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy from Insomniac. I still love that silly little purple dragon.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Oct 13, '08, 3:39 am

I own all three spyros... and CC.... Both good games....

I've beat all the spyro games and about half of CC./ My greatest accomplishment with Spyro is with Spyro Year of the Dragon. Beat it with absolutely everything done. (100% or 102 or whatever it was for the secret egg) in one day. Only reason why I did that was because I didn't have a memory card and I was sick of playing the same world over and over again. I was about eleven at the time... >.>
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lemina » Wed Oct 15, '08, 12:58 am

Damn, I wish I was good at platformers like that. My greatest accomplishment with a platformer was simply beating Rayman 64. I think that I got most of the lums...I don't remember. And now my N64 memory card died, so I have no proof. D:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Lucas » Wed Oct 15, '08, 2:10 am

Being a fighting game fan I would say that I really enjoyed Marvel vs. Capcom. I loved teaming Ryu and Chun-Li up with Venom and Wolverine sweet as game.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Retro Roundup