What video game should be turned into a movie?

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

What video game should be turned into a movie?

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 8:47 pm

I'm sure we've all heard or seen a horrible movie adaptation of a video game, but there are a few that are really enjoyable. If you had to pick a game to be turned into a movie, which would you choose? Just for the sake of getting some variety in the answers, let's exclude any Phantasy Star title. I'm sure we'd all like to see those! ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Fri Nov 21, '08, 11:35 pm

Thoul wrote:Just for the sake of getting some variety in the answers, let's exclude any Phantasy Star title. I'm sure we'd all like to see those! ;)
*, I wanted to personally mention a Phantasy Star movie. :rofl:

As of late, I'm a huge Tales of Destiny fan. So, naturally, I'd like to see an anime movie based off of it~ Perhaps it can have a few connections to Tales of Destiny 2 in it too! :hyper:

A Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time movie wouldn't be bad~ That game will always have a special spot in my heart and I would be a total sucker for an OOT movie. Speaking of which, check out this April Fool'sjoke.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Nov 22, '08, 2:02 am

Being a big Earthbound maniac, my pick is...well, Earthbound. :D Now, I do think an Earthbound movie would be much better done if Ness was given some dialogue. And I'd LOVE to see some of the locations in a movie, especially Saturn Valley (and its residents) and Magicant. I'd think an Earthbound movie could be well done with CG. I don't think it could translate well any other way.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sat Nov 22, '08, 4:59 am

Being I fighting game fan I would like to see a movie adaption of NeoGeo Battle Coliseum I think that would be pretty awesome. Or even Capcom vs. SNK 2 just so I can see Akuma fight God-Rugal that would be sweet as.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 22, '08, 8:24 pm

A Tales of Destiny movie would be great.. Or at least a short anime like they did with Phantasia Eternia Symphonia and Abyss. I've read the ToD manga and its actually pretty good.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 24, '08, 11:10 pm

Well, I think there was a Mario Bros. movie, or something like that years ago. It was so dumb though that I never watched it all.

I'd like to see one with a Princess who was brave enough to fight her own way out of the castle and not be sitting around waiting on being rescued by the Mario Bros., but then that wouldn't be sticking to the game, would it. :wink:

Might be more fun, though. :p

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Nov 25, '08, 2:14 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I'd like to see one with a Princess who was brave enough to fight her own way out of the castle and not be sitting around waiting on being rescued by the Mario Bros., but then that wouldn't be sticking to the game, would it. :wink:

Might be more fun, though. :p

That would be a movie out of the Super Princess Peach game for the DS. :p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: What video game should be turned into a movie?

Postby Tweeg » Sat Jun 6, '09, 5:33 am

Streets of Rage
Loads of action, decent music, and a plotline just shallow enough to make into a great modern movie. Think something along the lines of "Double Dragon" meets "Big Trouble in Little China".
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Darkil » Sat Jun 6, '09, 11:44 am

I'd love to see Fallout [1,2 or 3] be made into a movie. Since the Protagonist can virtually be anyone and it takes place in a nuclear wasteland, it'd be kind of hard to mess up unless you barely followed the story [like Mario Bros or Street Fighter]
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Sat Jun 6, '09, 12:44 pm

Darkil wrote:I'd love to see Fallout [1,2 or 3] be made into a movie. Since the Protagonist can virtually be anyone and it takes place in a nuclear wasteland, it'd be kind of hard to mess up unless you barely followed the story [like Mario Bros or Street Fighter]

Yeah they really need to leave Street Fighter Movies alone all they do is stuff up the storylines and add all this wierd stuff in that isn't even canon *Cough* Bison having a daughter *Cough*. But the anime Street Fighter movies were quite good.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Next

Return to Feature Films