What holidays do you think they celebrate?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

What holidays do you think they celebrate?

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 12, '07, 3:36 am

We know, thanks to a few sources, that the calendar used in Algo is similar to our own with months like August. But, what holidays do you think the people of Algo might mark on their calendar? How would they, or you, celebrate those?

Here's an example: May 25 is Alis' birthday, so this might become a holiday if Alis becomes queen. Just like we have holidays for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, the Palmans could have this holiday to honor the woman that freed them from Lassic.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Oct 12, '07, 12:35 pm

Maybe the Dezorians might have some holiday for the Eclipse Torch? They do see the holy flame as something important/special.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Re: What holidays do you think they celebrate?

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Oct 13, '07, 1:14 am

Thoul wrote:Here's an example: May 25 is Alis' birthday, so this might become a holiday if Alis becomes queen. Just like we have holidays for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, the Palmans could have this holiday to honor the woman that freed them from Lassic.
That's a good idea. They probably would honor her, pre-Mother Brain era and post PSII.

Tsunami wrote:Maybe the Dezorians might have some holiday for the Eclipse Torch? They do see the holy flame as something important/special.
I'm sure they do. They mention it in all the games set in Algo.

I'd guess that the people of Tyler celebrate his birthday, though I doubt anyone else would. Local custom, I suppose. I bet there's other local ones, but not planet-wide or system-wide customs like a celebration of Myau in the Mysterious Valley.

The Espers surely would have done something to celebrate Lutz too. :king:

A PSII fan-fic had a good idea about an Odin tribute: to name the lake around Paseo Odin Lake in memory of him retrieving the Mirror Shield from the island in the lake, (that's gone in PSII.) That's not a holiday though... :misspeak:

After PSIV, I'd assume that they would have a celebration all over Algo to commemorate the victory over the PD.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Tue Oct 16, '07, 2:11 am

Yeah, there's got to be an Eclipse Torch day! It should be a big religious holiday celebrated every year. Kind of like Christmas, I think. :up:

Important days in Palma history should be holidays - the first landing on Motavia, the uniting of the warring kingdoms that started the AW calendar come to mind.

I replayed PSIV again recently and noticed a picture on a wall in Aiedo. That town is named after a guy credited as the founder of the market. That would make a good local holiday.

Imagine what kind of twisted holidays Zio's religion would have touted. Palma's Death Day, Zio's Conversion, the destruction of the towns... all sorts of wicked stuff, I bet. :darkside:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to Classic Series