What's your favorite classic Phantasy Star?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Phantasy Star
18%
Phantasy Star II
18%
Phantasy Star III
9%
Phantasy Star IV
55%
I don't have a favorite
No votes

Total votes : 11

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 23, '07, 6:55 am

So, which of the classic games do you enjoy the most, and why?

For me, it's Phantasy Star IV. PSIII is a close second, but overall I find PSIV more fun. I think PSIII had a lot of potential, must most of it was untapped. PSIV's developers really did a great job of pushing it to the limits of what the Genesis could handle.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: What's your favorite classic Phantasy Star?

Postby Neithird » Sun Mar 25, '07, 12:07 am

I agree, PS4 is the best! PS2 has a great and deep story, too. 8)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Thu May 3, '07, 11:05 pm

PSIII, hands down. Sure, PSI was the game that started it all, PSII was tragic, and PSIV had tons upon tons of development and you could really get wrapped up in the game's story, but PSIII has a certain charm which appeals to me.

Each game was great in its own respect, and had something about it that made it stand out. But as for where I stand, my loyalties remain with PSIII. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Rudo » Tue Oct 2, '07, 10:50 pm

PS II for me. :up:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:15 am

I also go with PSII. It's always been my favorite as it got me started in the RPG world, and the difficulty was so high that I really felt like I accomplished something when I beat it!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Oct 3, '07, 8:51 am

For me it's the original. It's the first PS I played and it made me fall in love with the series. PSII was great also in my opinion, but PSI captured me far more, probably because PSII didn't let me go to Palma.

PSIV disappointed me with the dungeons especially, the game was just too easy. The story was great and characters more fleshed out than other games but I always had the impression it could have been so much more.

PSIII annoyed me endlessly with the slow speed of the characters, the graphics and everything. I liked the concept of generations a lot. But the fact that it wasn't set in Algo also let me down hugely.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Oct 4, '07, 1:48 am

Fogeltje wrote:For me it's the original. It's the first PS I played and it made me fall in love with the series. PSII was great also in my opinion, but PSI captured me far more, probably because PSII didn't let me go to Palma.

PSIV disappointed me with the dungeons especially, the game was just too easy. The story was great and characters more fleshed out than other games but I always had the impression it could have been so much more.

PSIII annoyed me endlessly with the slow speed of the characters, the graphics and everything. I liked the concept of generations a lot. But the fact that it wasn't set in Algo also let me down hugely.
Wow, a lot of those are my exact sentiments. I was disappointed about Palma in PSII...
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 5:56 am

PS4 was my first RPG ever..words fail to discribe my love for it. PS2 is second, PS3 has got to be third, and finaly PS1.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Return to Classic Series