What's the strangest thing you've seen in the games?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: What's the strangest thing you've seen in the games?

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jun 12, '07, 12:09 am

Tsunami wrote:The weirdest thing I've seen was in PSIV, where you could walk on the roof of Reshel's Inn after the town was rebuilt. You can also walk around the black part of Elysdeon's cave through the wall after passing through a certain spot.

I forgot about the Reshel one. Never knew that about the Elsydeon cave though!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jun 12, '07, 12:25 am

Here's another oddity. A user at gamefaqs named kaloes created Game Genie codes so that you could walk through walls: RFPT-J6YE
and found these warps to the other planets! One spot to the left of this: http://www.geocities.com/storagesystem19/RykrosWarp.JPG

And one spot left (or down, can't remember which) of this: http://www.geocities.com/storagesystem1 ... isWarp.JPG
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Neithird » Tue Jun 12, '07, 9:45 pm

Wow, now that is weird. I wonder if those warps can be used to change the order of events in the game, like getting Raja early or something.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jun 12, '07, 11:31 pm

Yeah, you can go all out of order. kaloes/Trenzer1 wrote a FAQ on it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis ... 3334/47516

It's a way to get some party members in weird orders, but most of them crash the game. The method he describes lets you keep Alys without doing the save-state hacking I've listed on my site.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 13, '07, 8:57 pm

Hmm, interesting. In a lot of the old magazine articles previewing PSIV, they show odd party mixes you can't get in the normal game, like Alys with Wren. I always thought they had just hacked a save, but maybe they used these secret warps instead.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Jun 13, '07, 10:27 pm

Could be that those were Alpha or Beta versions where the story was different. There is a site detailing the evolution of Diablo from the first alpha to the retail version. Turns out that many screenshots that Blizzard released (even some on the box) were from earlier versions featuring old graphics, even some that were removed the game. Might be that the Phantasy Star story evolved over time and the previewers were given old screenshots.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 14, '07, 12:15 am

That's very possible. I remember in one of the previews I scanned for this site, they said that one character (Kyra) hadn't even been named yet.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Jun 15, '07, 2:59 pm

Hey, doesn't the compendium translation say something about a preview game, too? I think that four-way split screen pic of Rune, Chaz, Rika, and Wren was from an early version of the game that doesn't exist any more.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Celeith » Wed Jul 11, '07, 12:01 am

heh its good to see even my Faq i wrote reaches even here ^_^,
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 12, '07, 1:49 am

I was taking a peek at the PSI code and saw a few things I didn't know about that game before. The Flute makes every enemy fall asleep every time when used in combat, the Torch is the equivalent of casting Terr that always works on your enemies, and evidently Noah's Telepathy spell actually has a purpose when not in battle. He either "feels nothing" or "has a terrible premonition". I can't find where the "premonition" statement occurs in the game though. Weird.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series