What's the strangest thing you've seen in the games?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Postby Snorb » Thu Jul 12, '07, 4:41 am

Komrade: Didn't know about the Eclipse Torch casting Terror. I'll have to try that (I'm playing the PSI retranslation by SMS Power! now- quite a different experience from the original!)
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: What's the strangest thing you've seen in the games?

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 12, '07, 7:58 pm

He either "feels nothing" or "has a terrible premonition". I can't find where the "premonition" statement occurs in the game though. Weird.

That strikes me as something that might be a way of predicting when a battle will occur. It may be something else, but it would be interesting to test out.

I didn't know about the Flute or the Torch either. That's very interesting!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jul 13, '07, 6:20 am

:hmm: I'm going to have to look into that Telepathy business. I must say, it's very cool to find something new in such an old game!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jul 14, '07, 1:50 am

Does anyone remember the lines "is hard headed" or "shakes his head no" or "eyes look vacant" in PSI? I'm looking through all the game dialogue and found those today. I can't remember them being used though.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 14, '07, 2:15 am

That doesn't ring any bells... it sounds like something that would be used to describe the results of spells.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jul 14, '07, 3:25 am

The Komrade wrote:Does anyone remember the lines "is hard headed" or "shakes his head no" or "eyes look vacant" in PSI? I'm looking through all the game dialogue and found those today. I can't remember them being used though.

Possible that there were things that were going to be put into the game, but simply weren't for whatever reason. Such as the NOTHING items in PSIV.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jul 15, '07, 1:26 am

Tsunami wrote:Possible that there were things that were going to be put into the game, but simply weren't for whatever reason. Such as the NOTHING items in PSIV.

Yeah, I suppose so. Running around Algo using Telepathy isn't netting any results as yet!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Celeith » Sun Jul 15, '07, 1:37 am

from what I know Telepathy (Tele) 4tp Description:Talk to more enemies, maybe it increases your encounter rate or decreases it. Or when your in the dungeons it'll let you know when a monster is around one of the corners... just a thought.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 25, '07, 3:18 am

There's an item called "Zillion" after that awesome SMS game.... but it isn't anywhere in PSI. And it doesn't do anything if you put it in the party's inventory. Maybe that girl in Sopia was supposed to give it to you for liking Sega games?

An update, still haven't triggered that dialogue, and despite the flute saying it puts enemies to sleep, it wasn't working on the harder monsters.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 25, '07, 4:28 am

What the.... there's PSI text for going to see his master, either Tarzimal or a Tajima(I should pick one and edit it), depending on which person you're talking to, for if Noah isn't with you. And I don't mean dead, because it looks like there's dialogue for that too. I might be wrong, but that's weird. Also, I hadn't ever seen the text for if Noah loses to his master!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series