Who would you pick to be in your party?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Who would you pick to be in your party?

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Apr 17, '09, 6:43 pm

You have 4 open slots and you can pick ANYONE from ANY PS game. Who would they be and why?

Gryz - While he isn't as good of a tank as Wren, he deals plenty of damage and takes quite a bit of punishment. He has a self-buff, Brose, and a great instant death move. Seriously, who wouldn't be intimidates by a 5'7 green furred, axe-wielding monster?

Raja - C'mon... COME ON!!! It's everyones favorite green guy! He's got it all! He's got a fire skill, TP regeneration skill, and more buffs and heals than anyone could use in three lifetimes. Sure, he uses a cane and tells the worst jokes in Algo but with an arsenal like his you'll never have to endure that bitter aftertaste of Trimate ever again! What more could you possibly ask for!?!

Rune - Okay, you've already got a support techer so the only place to go from there is a one-man barrage. Nobody dishes out more damage to more enemies than Rune Walsh. This guy has it all; He's got fire, ice, holy, instant death, and crowd control. When an ally dies and Raja is busy buffing, Rune can dish out Rever and get his comrade back on his feet. Even if he runs out of TP he has so many skills that he could hold off enemies for days. Hewn alone could keep five enemies on their toes, Tandle is so destructive that it could turn sand into glass, and Efess can lay waste to anything even remotely evil. Even with all his destructive capabilities, Rune still has enough time to keep his robe clean and his hair straight.

Alys - No explanation necessary.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Re: Who would you pick to be in your party?

Postby Tsunami » Thu Apr 23, '09, 12:22 pm

Heikabuchi wrote:Gryz - While he isn't as good of a tank as Wren, he deals plenty of damage and takes quite a bit of punishment. He has a self-buff, Brose, and a great instant death move. Seriously, who wouldn't be intimidates by a 5'7 green furred, axe-wielding monster?
I thought he had blue fur? >.>

And I dunno who I'd pick. For the heck of it, let's say Myau (PSI), Nei (PSII), Mieu (PSIII), and Rika (PSIV). :P
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Snorb » Thu Apr 23, '09, 3:02 pm

I take it someone likes Claw users? XD

Ayn- He's a reasonably decent warrior/wizard hybrid. The absolute lack of Melee Techs is, uh, not good, but I think I said on the shipping thread ages ago that he's more of a time mage. Besides, Ner stacks =p

Mieu- Purely fanservice choice for hotness. Nothing to see behind the spoiler block. Continue as planned. She's very fast and agile, has a habit of not getting targeted in combat, dualwields claws, can heal if need be, and can boost her friends' strength with Fanbi, which also stacks. What's not to love about her?!

Amy- Everyone loves someone who can heal. Na Res, Na Sar, Deban, Sa Shu, Sa Ner, Rever, and Na Sak fill that need quite nicely, and Amy gets unique elemental-charged staves in the PS2 version.

Lyle- Can't attack all that well or use heavy armor, but nobody casts a Tech like he can! Except Lutz/Noah/Rune, but he's already taken XD
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby luke » Thu Apr 23, '09, 6:45 pm

rune - no explanation needed.
chaz - just can't help put like the kid in.
rika - love interest with above mentioned dude.
wren - all-around awesome
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Fri Apr 24, '09, 8:26 am

Rika
Nei
Gryz
Rolf

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Apr 24, '09, 11:37 pm

Gosh, what a toughy. Let's see here... I pick Rune, Rune, Rune, and... Rune.

:rofl:

Okay, seriously:

1.) Rune Walsh: No explanation needed as the others have pointed out, but what the heck - I have to admit, his Rever, Efess, and Legeon are just.... yeah. Swoon-worthy. Ehe.

2.) Raja: His healing techs are unmatched. And, his skills are pretty sweet - bringing back magic techs for the party members and such. St. Fire is pretty awesome, too.

3.) Wren: If he hits zero and an other party member is still alive, he will automatically come back at the end of a fight. He also has proven to be really reliable in a fight; the damage he inflicts with his guns, and his ability to recharge in battle has been impressive. Also - *barrier has been beyong useful for battle defense.

4.) Myau: He can turn into a big cat... and fly :mrgreen:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Dorrinal » Mon Apr 27, '09, 5:08 am

1. Sari

2. Sari

3. Sari

4. Sari
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Apr 27, '09, 6:15 am

Hmmm... I guess it's my turn! ^-^

Hahn Mahlay: I have to say that this guy is probably my favorite character of the classics. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because he's the only one who had to pay a toll and give the party Meseta because of...

Alys Brangwin: Another favorite. The Eight Stroke Warrior. Alys has to be in my party because she is simply awesome. Nothing can seem to compare to her! Well, maybe the cuteness that is...

Rika: Despite being the youngest, she made up for it by her quick adaptation, awesome fighting power, and even uses sweet claws! Speaking of which, The last member of the party is....

Myau: Although I never played PSI that long and haven't gotten Myau in the party. From what I've heard in my fandom time of Phantasy Star. Me likes what me hears! And I want to play PSI sometime to specifically play with Myau!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Apr 27, '09, 8:15 pm

Hey Atlinsmere - if you're a fan of Hahn and Alys, you'd might like my fanfiction project I've been working on. :mrgreen:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Apr 28, '09, 3:35 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:Hey Atlinsmere - if you're a fan of Hahn and Alys, you'd might like my fanfiction project I've been working on. :mrgreen:

Oh really now? Sounds interesting. However, unless I know more I will never know for certain if I want to read it or not.. erm... I'll probably not read it...It's a lie! I'll read it. =P
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Next

Return to Classic Series