What's the best section id?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

What's the best section id?

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 8:31 pm

Since the section id is a vital basic part of this game, affecting item drops and mag growth, I was wondering: what do you thin the best section id is? I never had really great results with any of the ones I tried.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Dorrinal » Tue Nov 25, '08, 11:59 pm

I think the best SectionID is the one that guarantees the drops that you need/prefer for your character's class. PSO World has great information on the drops available to each SectionID. Here are two articles I recommend:
Jack's Section ID Recommendations Per Class
Section ID Weapon Type Frequency

If you don't care about min/maxing your class or picking up a preferred type of weapon, then it doesn't matter. The best SectionID is probably the one that matches your outfit the best. :D
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Re: What's the best section id?

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Jul 16, '10, 1:22 pm

I know I'm two years late for this topic but I <3 PSO so if I can put some life into this forum, I shall.

There is no best section ID. It is widely accepted that Oran has an edge since you can obtain the Parasite Gene Flow with it but other than that, a section ID is just a key to a loot table.

And with the Cards weapons, you can (though painfully) emulate any section ID.

As for mags, the section ID groups (A or B) are more or less irrelevant since the best mags in the game are the custom V2 mags which work under another set of rules entirely. But, most of them look ridiculous. Meh.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Return to Phantasy Star General