Regarding PS3

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Regarding PS3

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Nov 17, '08, 2:23 am

Well, I recently got a brand-new PS3. I was happy because my PS2 broke and I really wanted to play a PS2 game. So i first set it up, wanted to play some Assassins Creed which I bought to play. So I tried to put it in, it wouldn't go in. So I was getting mad. But then, I had the great idea of pushing eject. Out comes Call Of Duty 4. So I was pretty happy that I got a free 60$ game.

A few days later I finally decide to play a PS2 game. I put it in my system and waited awhile, it didn't work. So I looked in the manual and it said it that "PlayStation 2 format disc were not supported." Me being mad, I went to where I bought my PS3 the next day and told them my problem. What I was told was that in the newer models of the PS3, they don't support PS2 games because it was cheaper for SONY to keep making PlayStation 2 than to actually put the hardware in the newer models of PlayStation 3.

GAH! I'm so angry at SONY right now! :punch:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 17, '08, 3:19 am

That's great about getting the free game (never heard of that happening before, but very lucky for you), but bad about the PS2 dying. But yeah, Sony announced a while back they they were dropping the PS2 support. They seem dedicated to keeping the PS2 alive as a viable part of the market, which has never made sense to me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Mon Nov 17, '08, 9:27 pm

That's a crying shame. You can see why they would want to cut down the PS3 price, but it's too bad that they had to get rid of the PS2 backward capability of all things.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sat Nov 22, '08, 5:00 pm

Wait, I thought they said that there was going to be an option for the newer models, something along the lines of Emulation? I guess not. And frankly, that's a bad Marketing decision on their part...
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 22, '08, 5:40 pm

There was for a while, but they stopped making that model. Now there's another new one that doesn't have it. It's like the fifth or sixth model, I think.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tech and Design