Game Shows

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Game Shows

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 23, '07, 5:58 pm

Do you enjoy watching game shows on TV? If so, what kind or shows do you like to watch? Are there any that you've found to be hard to enjoy or too strange to watch?

Lately I've been watching Cash Cab on the Discovery Channel. It's a general trivia quiz show, but it has the unique format of taking place inside a real taxi. It's a refreshing take, and sometimes they even ask video game questions. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Tue Oct 23, '07, 7:07 pm

I've seen that show! It's pretty amusing, but I haven't bothered to try watching it again since I never know when it's on. Doesn't help that I hardly watch TV anymore, either. :D

I liked watching Match Game on GSN. It was fun to try and guess what people would say.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 23, '07, 9:24 pm

I like game shows pretty well. I haven't seen the one Thoul mentioned. I do know the one Tsunami mentioned (Match Game) very well, though. I like a lot of the games on the GSN also.

I guess my favorite game would be jeopardy, although I rarely watch it any more.

The recent game show with Star Trek's, William Shatner, was weird or a little strange, I thought. I don't even remember the name of it. I know it was on after "Dancing With The Stars" last season, but it only lasted about 2 or 3 shows - which did not surprise me in the least.

I've heard there is a very popular game show on now, something about "Are You Smarter Than A 5th grader". Sounds amusing, but I don't want to watch it and find out that a 5th year grade student is probably smarter than I am. :wink: That would just be too embarrassing. :oops:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Wed Oct 24, '07, 12:33 pm

I used to watch Price is Right during the day and Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy in the evenings. I liked the Plinko game on Price is Right and trying to guess the answers on the others.

It's been a long time since I saw any of those regularly.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 24, '07, 11:38 pm

I used to watch Price is Right now and again too. Say, has anyone seen it since the new host came on? I wonder how he's doing in the job.

Tsunami wrote:I've seen that show! It's pretty amusing, but I haven't bothered to try watching it again since I never know when it's on. Doesn't help that I hardly watch TV anymore, either. :D

Yeah, I have a lot of trouble catching it on the air, too. Discovery seems to love changing it's time slot frequently. In the few episodes I have seen, just about every other show has a Sega question. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neithird » Thu Oct 25, '07, 2:30 pm

You mean Drew Carry? I haven't seen any of his time on the show yet. I used to see stories about it on TV all the time before he took over, but I haven't heard a peep about him since his run began.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 25, '07, 9:04 pm

Neithird wrote:You mean Drew Carry? I haven't seen any of his time on the show yet. I used to see stories about it on TV all the time before he took over, but I haven't heard a peep about him since his run began.
I heard that Rosie O'Donnell was considered for that, but she didn't get the job. I can't say I like her too much -- she's loud and annoying.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 25, '07, 11:45 pm

If she had gotten the job, that would have killed the show real quick. She used to be okay, but I can't stand her since she decided to start acting like a shock jock.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rudo » Sat Oct 27, '07, 12:06 am

Rosie wanted to get rid of Barker's Beauties, I heard, and replace them with someone else, maybe guys or something. The folks in charge didn't go for that - wise decision. :up:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 27, '07, 2:23 am

Rudo wrote:Rosie wanted to get rid of Barker's Beauties, I heard, and replace them with someone else, maybe guys or something. The folks in charge didn't go for that - wise decision. :up:
Hey, that doesn't make any sense! I thought she liked women. :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Tubular Television