Motavia... will it survive?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Motavia... will it survive?

Postby Zafneir » Thu Apr 12, '07, 7:50 am

In the game PS4, a sizable of the game deals with the planet Motavia facing dire events after relying on a computer system to rule their lives. Events are very bad indeed. Agriculture weakens considerably, left over computer systems for environmental control go haywire, the population growth spirals downward, just to name a few disasters.

Which brings me to this question: Will civilization on Motavia be able to adapt?
Zafneir
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 12

Re: Motavia... will it survive?

Postby Rune Sa Riik » Thu Apr 12, '07, 11:01 am

Sure, they will be able to adapt. Now, when Motavia is under control of Demi and Wren in Zelan everything sould be OK. They went through cataclism in AW 843 (official timeline), destruction of Mother Brain and Parma so they can go through destruction of Profound Darkness too.
Please, excuse my terrible grammar! =)
Rune Sa Riik
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Lamanai » Thu Apr 12, '07, 4:45 pm

Well, I would assume that if the planet goes back to it's "natural" state, then it would be the same type of environment as in PSI, right? So since Palmans survived then, they should be able to adapt. (And besides, now they've got numans! XD)
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Neithird » Thu Apr 12, '07, 11:11 pm

I don't know... back in PS1, they may have had support and resources from Palma to help them out. They don't have that benefit now and have to survive on their own.

I'm sure they can adapt, but it all depends on what Wren and Demi do after PS4. The main problems will be food, drinkable water, and heat. If Wren and Demi can get some kind of climate control working to keep at least one area green like PS2 Mota, that place could meet the first two needs. I don't know if they can do anything about the heat, though.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 13, '07, 12:12 am

I don't think they will have any problem adapting. They seem to be doing okay up until PSIV. The state of the environment was on a downward slope before that, but Wren seems to have more options for improving things after the game. He's got new resources in Daughter and the Landale, and he can put those to use in repairing or rebuilding some of the lost environmental control.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jun 9, '07, 2:20 am

Have any of you ever read the Phantasy Star Compendium translation? http://home.att.net/~RACapowski/PS/comtrans.htm

With at least one Numan, it seems they should be able to survive. And like Rune Sa Riik said, they've got Wren and Demi watching over them... as long as they last that is. So I say yes, Motavia is in it for the long haul.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Sat Jun 9, '07, 4:38 pm

Do you mean the stuff about Rika being the start of a new and improved human race? I don't think she would have much effect in that area by herself. It would take hundreds of years for any improvements in her genes to make it into the larger population. And that's assuming they're dominant genes that wouldn't be bred out of her descendants by later mixing with humans.

If there were more Numans, it might have a bigger effect, but I doubt Rika alone would have much of an impact on human survival in that way.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jun 10, '07, 12:27 am

Yeah, Neithird, you're right. It would take a very long time for her to have much of an influence on things.

I'm still in favor of the idea that Motavia will continue on, considering the Palman colonies in PSI and the fact that with the PD dead and gone it would be a lot easier to get around on the planet without running into monsters everywhere! The people would certainly be in for some rough times though. There wasn't much water on the planet back in PSI.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Neithird » Sun Jun 10, '07, 8:08 pm

Yeah, once all the monsters are gone that should make things a lot easier. Hopefully Wren and Demi can handle the water problems. If nothing else, they could use the Landale to carry some of the snow from Dezo over to Motavia to help. :idea:
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jun 11, '07, 1:11 am

Neithird wrote:If nothing else, they could use the Landale to carry some of the snow from Dezo over to Motavia to help. :idea:

That's a good one!

Hopefully the Ant Lions from PSI won't come back! :o
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV