Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, '07, 2:39 am 
Out of that list, I have only played Tetris, but I would not call it a addiction on my part.
Not surprised that WoW made the list, I would like to play it myself but I cannot dedicate so much time to a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, '07, 8:42 am 
Uh.. wow..
I know WoW is addicting, I've got friends who play it to no end. EverQuest would be.. well... very similar to WoW. Peggle, I've never heard of, so.. Doom is decent, but certainly not something I'd ever play more than once. Tetris, I have always thought was garbage..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, '07, 5:22 pm 
I'm very surprised to see Doom on the list. I would have never thought of that as an addictive game. I guess I can see how Tetris might be, but I think that is a stretch as well.

I expected Everquest. For years, I've seen articles about people getting so involved in that game that they begin to neglect their families. Not so much World of Warcraft, but that makes sense to me. Honestly, I would have expected all five games to be MMO RPGs like those two.

The Komrade wrote:I've only played Doom and Tetris, which were both fun, but I've never agreed with the term addiction in regard to video games. Those games are great, but I've never had a physical dependency on any game, not even the PS series!

Video game addiction is usually a mental or emotional dependency, not physical (except maybe for an adrenaline rush from combat).

Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3