What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 22, '08, 7:24 pm

Just finished watching a new syndicated show, Legend of the Seeker. It's based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books. Only loosely, though - there's a lot of extra or changed material. The show is pretty good, though, maybe better than the books.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Nov 25, '08, 2:41 am

I am watching Legend of the Seeker too. I am also currently on the 7th book titled "Pillars of Creation."

In my opinion they made Zedd look too... creepy. But thus far I have to say I like the show and am fairly happy with where it is going.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Sat Dec 6, '08, 11:37 am

I just finished watching Alien vs. Predator 2. Its an okay moive but I didn't think it was all that great. I also bought Family Guy season 5 so I've been watching some of that here and there too. :lol:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby pitohui » Thu Jan 22, '09, 2:24 pm

Lucas wrote:I just finished watching Alien vs. Predator 2.

How are those movies? I'm a big fan of both franchises (barring Alien Resurrection and Predator 2) and can always use a shot of action. Which of the two would you recommend for a mindless weekend?

This week I watched Fellowship of the Ring for the millionth time. The actor commentary on the LotR movies is almost as entertaining as the films themselves.
pitohui
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 14

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 30, '09, 6:51 am

I watched AvP2 for the first time not long ago. It's very, very gory. There's no real plot, even less than you'd expect from an Alien or Predator flick. The first Aliens vs Predator was better; it at least tried to have a story and characters you could care about. I'd recommend AvP over AvP2 for enjoyment, but AvP2 is definitely more mindless.

Anyway, the last thing I watched was "Night at the Museum." Picked up a DVD of it for a steal over the weekend. There's a sequel coming next month that I'm looking forward to watching. It's a nice, entertaining movie. Great for families, I guess; there's nothing over the top about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby bretlin » Wed May 20, '09, 6:02 am

I'm watching one of my favorite episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 ever: Space Mutiny.

-"C'mon, move, move, move, move, move!" :rofl:
bretlin
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 20, '09, 3:33 pm

bretlin wrote:I'm watching one of my favorite episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 ever: Space Mutiny.

-"C'mon, move, move, move, move, move!" :rofl:

Slab Rockabs! XD

My boyfriend got torrents of every episode of MST3K and saved them on his external hard drive. I might have to steal them from him at some point, now that I have a 500 gig external drive (and 320 gig internal hard drive.)

As for me, I'm watching BBC World News...as I found a widget for my dashboard that streams it. Awesome.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Mon Jun 22, '09, 11:57 am

Lemme see here...Euro Trip, Laputa: Castle In The Sky, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is what I watched tonight. I think that's all but there could have been more :D
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Darkil » Mon Jun 22, '09, 2:34 pm

My wife and I watched Year One on Saturday and it was worth it, I thought. Plenty of humorous situations [directed by Harold Ramis of Caddyshack and Ghostbusters fame] and interesting alternate versions of history. Definitely worth a look!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Mon Jun 22, '09, 2:37 pm

I was wondering if that was going to be any good. I'm skeptical cause I don't think Jack Black is as funny as most people think. But the film did look interesting. Though to be honest, I thought the kid beside him was a girl when I first saw him. :rofl:
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene