What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Oct 3, '12, 2:57 am

I downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 HD on PS3 today. It's miles better than SA1's rerelease except you need to buy DLC to get a few emblems (which are required for 100%).
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Oct 5, '12, 7:14 pm

I bought Resident Evil 6 Anthology which came with Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and the newest game, 6. It's really fun so far and very long. There are 4 campaigns each with five chapters. Each chapter is approximately 30 minutes to an hour which makes for a very long game. Mind you from what I heard it is just slight differences in story for all them, but it is required to fully understand the story, which is great so far.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Oct 6, '12, 3:05 pm

I recently picked up a copy of the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus bundle for PS3, so been playing through Shadow. Been a while since I last played that, and holy wow, does it look and sound FANTASTIC in HD.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Oct 6, '12, 9:15 pm

I'm currently playing plenty of sonic games and hacks ! :) So fun !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Oct 23, '12, 1:09 pm

Currently neck-deep in Phantasy Star IV, along with some Borderlands and Ys Origin on the side.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Wed Dec 19, '12, 9:16 am

I'm curently playig a lot of games on the Pc-Engine ! (aka Coregraphx in Europe and Turbographx in USA if I'm not mistaken ! ).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '12, 12:27 am

I eventually gave up on Mega Man X: Command Mission. I remember now why I lost interest in it the first time. It wasn't a side quest that was too tedious, but rather the main quest. The story takes a turn to deal with something called "Supra-Force Metal," which comes off as a very poorly handled cliche. I stopped this time when the super smart scientist forced me to run through a dungeon getting pictures so he can tell me what I "mysterious" object is, but I was able to tell it was a missile from the first picture. That whole dungeon was just pointless padding to extend the game and force me to listen to terrible dialogue.

So after dropping that, I moved on to my PlayStation 2 backlog. I finished up Wild ARMs: Alter Code F. The dialogue and story in that game feels really dated to me now. It's not a completely horrible turn like Command Mission, but some of it was grating. I suppose that's since it was a remake of a PlayStation 1 title without many updates in that area. I had played this game up to the last dungeon previously, so I just wrapped that up so I could import the save into Wild ARMs 4.

So, then I played and finished Wild ARMs 4. It was good. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the change from a standard turn based battle system to the hex grid, but I was really comfortable with the hexes by the end of the game. The characters were good overall, also. Some moments were tedious, or even childish when the characters start ranting against the concept of adults, but it all pulled through for a good game. The ending was bittersweet, but fairly fitting for the story.

Within a couple of hours of finishing Wild ARMs 4, I started Wild ARMs 5. If you can't tell, I'm on a Wild ARMs kick now. :lol: #5 is quite a change from #4. #4 was all about introducing new gameplay elements that homaged previous titles while being quite different. In contrast, #5 takes elements from all four other games and blends these into an even better system.

It has the hex grid again, but gives you fewer characters to use in battle. This increases the challenge of combat somewhat; not always in a good way, but it makes things more interesting at times. There are a lot of cameos of characters from the first four games, which is fun to see. I don't recognize all of them, since I skipped #2, but still fun. I took a break from this game about 15 or 20 hours in, to focus on work. I hope to pick it back up during the next week. Hopefully I'll find a vehicle in the game soon, because running back and forth between two towns was getting tiresome.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rylen » Fri Dec 21, '12, 7:29 pm

Been playing with Skyrim on the 360. Been messing with the Dragonborn add on. Might sit down and finish the main quest line later.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby myau56 » Sat Dec 22, '12, 9:59 am

THOUL : impressive list of Wild Arms games :o I've played some of them but never finished any of them...:( What a shame but now I don't have what is necessary to play it anymore..but maybe one day I'll try : especially the Alter Code F :)
About what I'm currently playing, that's some Dragon ball games in general, and all sorts ofr ! As I'm reading again the manga ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Jan 9, '13, 3:31 pm

Currently playing Retro City Rampage, and also working on unlocking the EX version of the third character in Ys Origin.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming