What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jul 30, '12, 6:04 pm

I'm alternating between a few games. I beat Mirror's Edge a week or two ago, and since then, I've started a log of the first Jak and Daxter game on the PS3 rerelease of the PS2 trilogy. I also started a log on 3D Dot Game Heroes on the PS3, but haven't played that too much. Lastly, when I'm feeling stressed out, Brawl has been an excellent stress reliever. And yesterday, I picked up a copy of Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. I had a copy, but I sold it for some reason (don't remember why). But I found it again super cheap, so I picked it up at a gaming store in Winthrop. Might be fun multiplayer. I gave it a short go yesterday, and was glad to see that I still had my save data on my Gamecube memory card. And Anguirus is still the best, IMO.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wing Eye » Tue Aug 14, '12, 3:26 am

I recently got Persona 4 Arena for PS3 and I haven't been able to put it down :D As a huge fan of Persona 4 this was a must get for me. The story mode is a worthy sequel to the original game and has a lot of the same feel:)
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby Lucas » Tue Aug 14, '12, 9:40 am

You’re very lucky Wing Eye, us Aussies have to wait until at least September 7 before that game hits our shores. Too bad it is a region protected game the very first for the PS3 for that matter, otherwise I would have imported a US copy and been playing it now. As for the characters I’ve already decided to main the Shadow version of Labrys she seems like my kind of girl.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 18, '12, 7:25 pm

I started a game of Ys Origin last night. I figured I would give it a go on Easy mode first, to get used to the controls. Turns out they're practically a copy of Oath in Felghana, so I was able to blitz through half the game very quickly. Apparently there are two or three playable characters though, so maybe I'll give this one more than one run to see if the story is different for each character.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 28, '12, 2:29 am

I took a day this weekend to finally finish up one of my GameCube backlog games. This one was Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. It's a turn based RPG based on the movie trilogy, but following a new group of characters who go through familiar places from the story. I remember thinking that it played a lot like Final Fantasy X, but I haven't played FFX in so long that I'm not sure that was accurate.

The plot tries to both tell the adventure of these new characters and intertwine it with Gandalf & Aragorn's story from the movies. This was handled well until the game gets to Rohan. That's when the plot takes a nosedive. Two characters were almost completely ignored for the rest of the game. They're still there, they just don't factor in the plot at all. A poorly handled love triangle gets introduced out of nowhere and receives no solid development to make it believable. Seriously, Phantasy Star III handled love triangles better than this. The level design of the last stage, progression to the final bosses, and last cutscene (that wasn't movie clips) were terrible, too. It was obvious that the developers were phoning it in there. I don't know if they lacked development time or what, but it was a horrible final chapter to what started out as one of the best games based on the movie franchise.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MrKite » Fri Sep 14, '12, 10:49 pm

Tekken Tag Tournament 2. The end boss is so ridiculously cheap, but I still like the game because it's got neat features, my favorite being the customizable soundtrack.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Sep 18, '12, 4:40 am

Super Paper Mario, just got the last pure heart crystal. On to the final area!
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sun Sep 23, '12, 2:39 am

I tackled some more GameCube games over the weekend. Now I'm working through Mega Man X: Command Mission. I've played this before, but never finished it. I couldn't believe it had been seven years since I last played it, but that's what the dates on my old save games say. I remember stopping because some sidequest seemed too tedious to complete. I think that's why I drop a lot of games mid way through - too many side quests - so I'm adjusting my approach. Anyway, I'd forgotten all of the story, so I figured I would just start over. That was a good plan.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Fri Sep 28, '12, 12:59 pm

I was lucky enough to get a copy of Final Fantasy XIII-2 brand new for only $30 last Saturday, for my PS3. I’m really enjoying it much more than FF XIII. Unfortunately however I had the “true” ending of the game spoiled for me by a friend long before I got my copy. Can’t say I’m too happy with how I was told it ends either. But hey it’s been enjoyable so far from what little time I’ve been able to put into it. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Sun Sep 30, '12, 10:57 pm

I re-picked up The Legend of Zelda: Link's awakening DX for the GBC a couple days ago. It's hard! @_@ It's also very quirky for a Zelda title. You've got chain chomps roaming around. for example. And then I hear that there are a lot of glitches. But overall, good times! I miss old school adventure games!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming