What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Apr 26, '12, 1:34 am

I know I'll get a lot of hate for saying this, but I think Mario games are extremely overrated. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Mario, but come on, there are other good platformers like Sonic or LittleBigPlanet.

With that aside, I bought Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection the other day. I love it, but the games are pretty frustrating, especially MKII. In all three games, you have to find some kind of crazy exploits and combos to even stand a chance against the AI.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 26, '12, 10:35 am

[quote="SegaVsCapcomVsSNK"]I know I'll get a lot of hate for saying this, but I think Mario games are extremely overrated. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Mario, but come on, there are other good platformers like Sonic or LittleBigPlanet.

I totally agree with it : overrated but great serie.
MK ? I was never a fan of this serie that is too overrated in my opinion ! The gameplay is so boring.. but the fatalities and others babalities are great !:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Apr 26, '12, 11:51 pm

Yeah, fatalities are the main reason MK is as popular as it is. If it wasn't for them, I think many people would overlook the series.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 27, '12, 10:55 am

Without all the fatalities and other "bonus", right, the game is pretty awful and bad but it's kinda funny !:)
Think tat the =best thing to do concerning the K serie is to watch, not to play ! As the fatalities are often VERY HARD to do...^^ :dog_laugh:
Last edited by myau56 on Fri Apr 27, '12, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Lucas » Wed Jun 13, '12, 11:13 am

I’ve been playing Atelier Meruru on my PS3 for the last two weeks. I’ve currently put in about 22 hours which is unusual for me considering my free time is so limited to what it has been. I’m nearly finished the game as it spans a total of five years. I think the year cap is a bad idea (personally) as you play the game within a time limit. However it’s been a good run and I like the characters as well. This is the first Arland Atelier game I’ve played. I recently purchased Atelier Totori as well which I’d like to start soon after finishing this one.

There is also a couple of optional superbosses I’d like to take a crack at. But I think I’ve left it too late into the game at the moment personally. Maybe if I do another playthrough sometime.
Last edited by Lucas on Thu Jun 14, '12, 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Tryphon » Wed Jun 13, '12, 7:10 pm

I just can't let say Mario is overrated. Almost all Mario Games are masterpieces of intelligence and fun. Though a Sega fan for years, I must say that no Sega platform games can compare.

Sonic is a really good game, rather different, more pleasing visually, but also much less deep.

As to Mortal Kombat, the first are all bad (up to MK4, I don't know the next ones and don't want to).
Tryphon
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 20

Postby myau56 » Wed Jun 13, '12, 9:59 pm

Sorry but Sonic Versus Mario, I prefer Sonic hands down ! After all, it's always a matter of individual and personal perception :)
But we agree totally about Mortal Kombat ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Jul 19, '12, 3:51 am

Right now I'm playing PSII - Numan Revoluton on my iPod and Megaman X Command Mission on GameCube.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Thu Jul 19, '12, 12:42 pm

Actually, I'm playing a lot of different versions of Sonic ! especially on Megadrive, all the Sonics but also a lot of h acks made by the fans and some of them are really great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 24, '12, 9:18 pm

I started up a game of Ys: The Oath in Felghana this weekend. I've made it pretty far into the game. I believe I'm headed into the last area now. I hit a wall with a boss there, so I'm going to take a break from it for a while and try again later.

I'm rather impressed by the graphical quality of this game. For a seven year old PC title, I expected the graphics to look rather dated compared to current technologies. But no, it's a clear, crisp look that holds up very well. I hope Origin looks this good.
Last edited by Thoul on Tue Jul 24, '12, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming