What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby enigmaopoeia » Sun Feb 19, '12, 7:00 pm

YES! I have an annoying habit of wanting to check anything and everything. I love to get into my game and learn as much as I can about the objects around me, even if it's a simple comment like "This kitchen is dirty". Unfortunately, Phantasy Star IV seems to "discourage" that with the controls. But I can live with it, it's just one minor pet peeve.
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 33

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 19, '12, 9:45 pm

No it's not an annoying habit because ...I have the same ! lol Good habit : it proves that people are curious, eager to discover all a game have to offer to the players. Same about the kitchen : I check ALL I can :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Sun Feb 19, '12, 10:06 pm

It always takes me a while to readjust to the movement patterns of walking around when I pick PSIV back up after a long break. The way Chaz slides off everything can be irritating at times. It's particularly odd that the devs made it so difficult to examine the environment, because there are actually a lot of things they let you examine for comments around the world.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 19, '12, 10:26 pm

Phantasy Star IV is one of the RPG I have played with the most interaction within ! And even if it's "slippery time", always funny and interesting to check all around...and comment it !
EDIT : All the creators, especially the designers, have passed a lot of time to make all those landscapes and houses's interiors so : let's greet them by checking all that is located around us as we wander into the games.
Last edited by myau56 on Sun Feb 19, '12, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby enigmaopoeia » Thu Feb 23, '12, 10:39 pm

Right now I'm at my second visit to Zio's Fort in Phantasy Star IV. I already had beaten Zio last night, plugged Demi to Nurvus, and was about to go on the spaceship when I decided to do sidequests and died.

Since silly me forgot to save my progress, my last save was at my second visit to Zio's Fort. *sigh* Back to the drawing board.
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 33

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 24, '12, 8:36 am

Good luck ! I'm just a little bit farther in the game (only my second game on Phantasy Sgtar IV ! The first was so many years ago...) : I "rediscover" the game !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 25, '12, 5:28 am

I've reached Casba in PS Generation 1 now. I think this is about where I stopped last time. Right now I've hit a wall: neither the Casba dragon nor the hovercraft are triggering where they should. I've probably missed talking to someone to set a flag that enables them. Figuring out where is the only problem.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 25, '12, 9:30 am

So in PSG1..you need to speak to very specifically NPC to "set a flag" as you said and be able to discover some objects or dragons ? I didn't know that ! An urge to test and play this game is running throughout my veins !
Last edited by myau56 on Sat Feb 25, '12, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Feb 25, '12, 1:56 pm

Right now, I'm nearing the end of Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction. However, it may yet be a while because I'm a completionist and I want to collect every gold bolt and hidden goody. But after I finish Ratchet and Clank, I'll start either Skyrim, Saints Row 2 or Mirror's Edge.

Also, those of you who like to check out every single thing in a game would have a hayday with LA Noire. ;)
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Feb 25, '12, 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 25, '12, 6:06 pm

I just tried a Pc-Engine game (or Turbografx ^^) called Gomola Speed and it's truly excellent ! I love it and think I'll continue :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming